• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Different model I'm sure but I have their guide rod laser for my G30. Took it out because of issues which turned out not related to Lasermax. Been so long I don't recall how accurate I was with the laser but certainly good enough for 15yds or less SD work. Changing batteries can be a royal pain but I never had a malfuction with the product.

gunbubba

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    I've got two of their guide rod lasers on different Glocks. Glockster69 is correct about the batteries being a pain in the butt, but I have also never had a malfunction. I had a problem with one of the battery caps and sent Lasermax an email, they sent another one out at no charge. The problem occurred during a battery change, so I didn't count it as a 'malfunction'.

I'm not a huge fan of lasers as aiming devices, I got both of these in trades and they were already on the pistols. They seem to be accurate enough at ranges out to 25 yards (that's as far as I've tested them) but I still prefer iron sights. That said, from discussions with guys I know in law enforcement, they find that lasers are great at helping 'alleged perpetrators' understand where the bullet is likely to go. This seems to help with issues of compliance once a weapon is in play. If you yell "halt or I will shoot" and a guy looks down and sees a red (or green) dot on his chest, he's probably going to become a believer.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yep, same experiences as above. Got one of their first lasers for the XD-45 and love it except for the batteries. I think lasers are useful under certain conditions, which is why military and law enforcement agencies use them. If the damn batteries only lasted longer and were cheaper and easier to find...

Cheers! M2

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    My agency issues them to all patrol officers for their Glock 31 duty weapon. I have mixed feeelings on them. As far as lasers go, we have never encountered any issues with them causing a malfunction.

josh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    College Station
    I've had two of them in trade on a G32 and G22. They all worked fine, but I sold them because they kept turning on inside a gun case or anytime they got bumped the wrong way. Went through three sets of batteries before I decided $30 was enough to waste. Again worked fine, but I would want a pressure switch like Crimson Trace does. And I never would have bought them on my own with how much they cost.

Top Bottom