• ...and so much more!
  • kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    A relative send this to me,

Dear Neighbors, Today afternoon a phony person with a tool box comes knocking at my door, saying he's there for water inspection. We were among one of the residents who earlier got a call from them, but we cancelled the appointment after verifying with City of Irving's Water Utilities. When i told him so from inside and refused to let him in, i get a call supposedly from his boss, who expresses his offence that i did not let his representative in . I let him know that this matter will not be taken lightly and many people are aware of the hoax. Just wanted to let you'll know to stay alert of such future occurrence.

The following is a message from City of Irving:

Please use caution if you are contacted by someone claiming to be a vendor working for the City of Irving. A couple of residents have reported receiving a phone call from a person stating that they are a vendor working for the City of Irving. The caller tells the resident that they need access to their kitchen water faucet in order to do a water analysis and ask to set up an appointment to come into their home. The City of Irving’s Water Utilities Department does not call residents in order to set up any type of inspection or analysis inside someone’s home. If you receive a phone call similar to this, do not provide any information and contact the city department they allege to be working for. If they continue to call or show up to your home, contact the police immediately.

John Argumaniz
    Public Information Officer
    Irving Police Department
    jargumaniz@cityofirving.org
    Capitol Armory ad

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    This happening in Irving I have no doubt. My best friend from high school is on the city of Irving water department.

The water department doesn't need to come inside anyone's house for anything. The water meter is out front an there is a garden hose on the front of the house.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Robbery or more likely a sales person who wants to sell you a softener or some other sort of a water treatment system when your water 'fails' their test.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Dam that's one way to find out when residents aren't home. Offer appointments times to feel out if they will be at home or not.

Top Bottom