Texas SOT

Anyone in W. Houston / Katy have a Savage rimfire w/ AccuTrigger?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    If so, can we meet up so I can try it out? I'm very tempted to buy the Mk2 FV-SR, but I much prefer shooting it before I buy it instead of regretting the purchase. If you have one of the .22 LR rifles and CCI SV is ok to put down the barrel, I'll bring ammo, otherwise I'll buy a box of whatever you want and pay for your range fee.

My preference is ASC, but you'd be the one doing me the favor, so wherever we can schedule a meet is good.

Thanks!

On a similar note, anyone else think it would be a good idea to have a "I'd like to try xxxx" thread?
    Lynx Defense

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    I have a couple (.22 LR, & .22 Mag) of them, if you like, I'd be happy to let you try mine. I'm in Spring.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    My daughter shot those rifles while attending the Summer camp last year at Best Shot Range. They are great target rifles especially the ones with the aperture sights. I was thinking who has them for a good price?

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    The rimfire Accutrigger isn't as adjustable as the centerfire version. I put an Apachee trigger kit on mine though. Now I can dial it in under a pound.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    cbp210: I've only been looking around for the FV-SR, which has no sights and is threaded. Good prices on those can be had at 3Five7 on 99 just south of I-10 and Payne Brothers on I-10 between kirkwood and Bwy 8. You can spend anywhere from $180 to over $500 on a Savage Mk 2 depending on which model you want.

I'll keep that in mind orbitup, thanks for the info.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Munk did you find someone to let you try the FV-SR? I think my FV-SR is accutrigger, haven't looked at it in a few years.

I need to hit the range & chrono some ammo anyway, let me know.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Gramps, I haven't been able to meet up with Wyldman yet. The accutrigger has the silver release lever in the middle of the trigger. If you're headed to the range any time soon, let me know where and when and I'll try and meet up.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    My offer us still good, but I still have some family chaos to deal with. If you get another opportunity, go for it, my offer is still good even if you do get another shot at one.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Wyldman, no worries at all, just let me know what you think about my PM when your chaos settles down and we'll figure it out.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Checked my FV-SR last night, it's a accu-trigger. I've never shot the thing, slapped a BSA Sweet .22 on top that is not zero'd, thinking of putting a red dot on though.

Anyhow, offer stands.

Top Bottom