Target Sports

Anyone interested in a Florida and/or Arizona CCW permit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    There's an outfit in Austin (link below) that will come to San Antonio if we can get a minimum of 10 people ($100/person) for the course. I *believe* we could do the course on a Saturday (I will verify this with them).

So, is anyone interested in doing this? I am since I am new to the state (moved here last month) and a Texas permit takes a six-month residency before one can apply. Both of the FL and AZ permits are also recognized in many more states the the TX permit.

Let me know if you're interested and I will get the ball rolling.

Thanks,

Dave

Home
    Capitol Armory ad

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Heck no, the price of $100 is outrageous.

They, the website you link to, offer their courses for half that online, and you don't have to go to a class. You can get the Texas CHL class (which is also good for those states education requirements) for less if you just want to sit in a class!! Plus since the hurdles are so low, most already qualify and don't need any supplemental classes. A hunter safety course even applies as good enough. DD214 with an honorable discharge, etc.

Have you looked into what those two licenses require on the states official websites, you know the ones not one trying to sell you something???

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    I think that when they say "attend" class, that they mean you actually need to be there in person. I know people who have these permits and there was a requirement for "in person" attendance, not just via the Internet.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    What he's saying is that any NRA safety course, the Texas Hunter Safety Course, etc all meet the Arizona requirement for training.

Did you visit the AZ DPS website to see the requirements for yourself?

From the website Arizona Revised Statutes - Arizona Department of Public Safety

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.
    2. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.
    3. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.
    4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.
    5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.
    6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.
    7. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.
    8. Completion of any other firearms safety or training course or class that is conducted by a department of public safety approved or national rifle association certified firearms instructor.

Good luck,
    -Randy

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom