Anyone into blackpowder rifles?

phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
Austin, TX
I'm contemplating the purchase of a CVA inline blackpowder rifle. They sell some packages at Cabella's for around $180 that come with the rifle and enough powder and projectiles to have some fun with.

I am looking at a .50 break-action, I believe they call it the Wolf line. I think it would be very cool to go hunt with a blackpowder rifle, and they are ballsy enough to take down some fairly good sized game.

redhart

Dec 12, 2008
too far east
I just shot a spike with mine(traditional) I will get a inline for next year,only for bad weather hunts(rain and snow)They are a hoot .

Brewgod

May 28, 2008
I've had a serious thing for the .72 cal double rifle that Cabelas has for about a year now, just can't justify it quite yet...

jim t

Mar 4, 2008
Hawley Texas
I have a traditional rifle, I dont hunt with it. but man is it fun to shoot. you can go to the range and shoot all day for a little bit of nothing. and what a rush to fire that cannon

Charley

Aug 7, 2008
San Antonio
I see very few people shooting inlines or other modern designs using BP. If I'm going to hunt with a muzzleloader, it's a traditional design, and usually a flinter at that.

cpf3

Sep 14, 2008
I've got two: a T/C 'Hawken' (.50 cal) & a Trail Guns double rifle (.50/.50 cal.). I'm planning to reduce my total inventory and will probably list the double rifle in the classified section after the holidays. Shot a 70# hog with the T/C several years ago. The 370 gr. T/C 'Maxi-ball' left a fist-sized hole in the spine!

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member