Anyone know a good place to get an AR?

Nikolai

Apr 3, 2009
San Antonio
Looking for the Oly K8 or DPMS Panther 20. Actually, any AR with a bull barrel, using it for target and varmint duty. I'm afraid to put down the money on an unknown online dealer as all I hear is back order horror stories and price gougers.

Thanks in advance.
Niko

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
Jan 5, 2009
In the Dallas area, there is both an Olympic Arms dealer (a really nice old guy that I like a lot) and a DPMS dealer, that attend the Dallas Market Hall and Big Town gunshows.

The Olympic Arms dealer prices his better too.

MikeN

TGT Supporter
Mar 14, 2009
Allen (Dallas), TX
Uhmm... regular dealers? I know Bullet Trap in Plano has a few options, and all priced about same and sometimes cheaper then at the gun shows.

idleprocess

Feb 29, 2008
DFW.com
AR pricing is starting to return to the more normal levels of ~12 months ago and availability is steadily improving. You should be able to find something like you're looking for in the neighborhood of $1000.

Rocket_Cowboy

Apr 30, 2009
Plano, TX
Uhmm... regular dealers? I know Bullet Trap in Plano has a few options, and all priced about same and sometimes cheaper then at the gun shows.
After scouting the Market Hall gun show a few weeks ago then researching online buying sites like gunbrokers.com, Bullet Trap often had better deals posted on their wall with no haggling required. I ended up buying mine from them. Some brands were closer or slightly higher on price than found online, but even with sales tax once you factored in shipping and FFL transfer fees when buying online, it was pretty much a wash ... BT wasn't significantly higher.

A_FIVE-O

Apr 6, 2009
Houston-Laredo
Looking for the Oly K8 or DPMS Panther 20. Actually, any AR with a bull barrel, using it for target and varmint duty. I'm afraid to put down the money on an unknown online dealer as all I hear is back order horror stories and price gougers.

Thanks in advance.
Niko

DUDE!!! I wish you would have posted this a month ago! A guy from my office had a nice DPMS AR-15 Bull .223 with a bi-pod and a sweet Springfield Scope. All he wanted was like $850.00 for everything. Anyways, I ended up taking it to the Pasadena,TX Gun Show for him and traded it for a brand new S&W M&P15OR.

:banghead:

Nikolai

Apr 3, 2009
San Antonio
DUDE!!! I wish you would have posted this a month ago! A guy from my office had a nice DPMS AR-15 Bull .223 with a bi-pod and a sweet Springfield Scope. All he wanted was like $850.00 for everything. Anyways, I ended up taking it to the Pasadena,TX Gun Show for him and traded it for a brand new S&W M&P15OR.

:banghead:
D'oh!

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics