Anyone know who Dennis Kies is?

Jamessa

Jan 2, 2009
If so do you know any collector's of his work around the Austin, TX area? We have been looking for an appraiser and/or buying for his work. We have a one of a kind original that he has done and looking someone around here that knows his work well.

Thanks

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
If so do you know any collector's of his work around the Austin, TX area? We have been looking for an appraiser and/or buying for his work. We have a one of a kind original that he has done and looking someone around here that knows his work well.

Thanks
Maybe it's just worded different but I'm not sure I understand the question after the 1st sentence.

Since this is in Gunsmithing, is Dennis Kies a gunsmith or custom gun maker? Do you have a gun he made?

Jamessa

Jan 2, 2009
Dennis Kies is a master gun engraver who worked for over 20 something years for Colt.

Here are a link to some of his info:

Dennis Kies - USFA Master Engraver

I am looking for an appraiser or a collector of his work to get a gun appraised that he had made for my grandfather before he became well know and worked for Colt. It was one of his very first pieces and it was done on the wood of a rifle instead of on metal.

Kies277

Feb 1, 2009
My father

Dennis Kies is my father, he works out of East Hartford, CT. He does all the Master engraving work for US Firearms. You can contact the owner of US Firearms, Doug Donnely, and he can point you in the right direction for appraisals or what not.

Douglas Kies

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
Well, jamessa posted and bailed on us. Hopefully he's got email notice set on this thread because I"m not sure he'll find any better lead!!

Keis277, welcome and thank you for the OP for taking the time to post.

How'd you find this?

Jamessa

Jan 2, 2009
Hiya Douglas,

You must be the son that lives in Phoenix? I have heard a lot about you from your dad. We saw him about a year ago before we moved and I have talked to him by phone a couple times since then. Do you remember Steve Machie? He was a friend of your fathers growing up. Anyway that's my uncle. I will look up the guy you said to and see what I can find out.

Oh and by the way I'm a woman not a guy hehe :)

Kies277

Feb 1, 2009
Yes, I am the son that lives in Phoenix. I do remember the name Steve Machie. I assumed you were female, I only got confused when JKTex called you a "he"...Doug Donnely should be able to steer you in the right direction, he is a super nice guy. He makes some real nice guns as well....

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
Oh and by the way I'm a woman not a guy hehe :)
Ok, where that's really embarrassed little smiley when you need it?

Dang, I need to have my radar checked!!

Top Bottom