Anyone shot or own a Para LDA 1911 .45?

A_FIVE-O

Apr 6, 2009
Houston-Laredo
I sold my Sig P220 7 months ago and now I miss owning a .45 I am looking at the Para LDA's (Light Double Action) because my agency won't let me carry single action pistols for backup. I was looking at buying a Para LDA PDA, but want to know the opinion from others who own or have shot the LDA. Anyone???

1rightguy

Mar 25, 2009
I had a Para Carry LDA (sub 1911) up until a week ago. Fantastic weapon that never gave me a problem and I used every ammo imaginable. Don't hesitate. It was ss so a little heavy for my taste. I replaced it with a Para Hawg 9.

popo22

Feb 1, 2009
Para 16.40 LDA

I don't have an LDA in .45 but I carried a 16.40 LDA for a number of years as my "duty weapon" before my dept. allowed us to carry the "SA" 1911's again. Mine is a very reliable and accurate weapon. I probably put somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 to 15k rounds through it without a problem. I finally had to get new trigger springs installed but I have no hesitations about carrying it as a "duty weapon".

I personally think it is the best "DA" trigger on the market. I only retired it because I prefer a "SA" trigger and the original 1911 design. I would whole heartedly recommend them. Good Luck

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members