• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2nd Admen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Canyon Lake
    I have a friend that has several "like new" factor edge, never used knives. I don't know much about knives and would like to know the quality of the Cold Steel brand. I know the purchase prices, and they look high quality, etc. I woul just like to know what you blade connoisseurs opinions are. ??

Thanks!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Ive never heard any thing bad about them. They are a mass produced knife that uses good metal in the blades. The finish (IMHO) is below Benchmade. But good none the less.

I know the ones Ive seen were made in the USA. IDK if they still are. Edit: the website says there made all over the place. So I'd only mess with the ones made in USA or japan. Let the kids throw the ones made in china or taiwan at rocks in the yard.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Ive owned several Cold Steel knives... They are some great knives for the money, though I have heard their quality has slipped a lot in the last few years. When I get a chance, I'll try and post some hillarious Lynn Thompson videos. You can probably just goggle them. Also google or YouTube "cold steel proof".

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I have one of the Cold Steel folders with the San Mai 3 blade (3 metals sandwiched). I bought it in the early 90s and skinned tons of deer and hogs with it. Keeps an edge reasonably well. Very solid lockup. Pretty easy to get shaving sharp. Not sure on the metal contents but it was made in Japan.

2nd Admen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Canyon Lake
    Tell us what models they are.

And ask why he's getting rid of them. I'd get divorced before I gave up my benchmade.

Espadar
    Black Rhino
    Black Sable
    Magnum Tanto San Mai

All made in Japan
    All in the boxes.

Reason;He is very ill and is just liquidating some knives and guns. I actually have them to sell for him ecause he has trouble speaking.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Espadar
    Black Rhino
    Black Sable
    Magnum Tanto San Mai

All made in Japan
    All in the boxes.

Reason;He is very ill and is just liquidating some knives and guns. I actually have them to sell for him ecause he has trouble speaking.

Thats a good assortment. You can't go wrong unless he wants over market value. It's a start to a good collection. The mag tanto isn't something to pull out and start cleaning your nails with. (atleast not in Texas).

IMHO, if there around 50-60% less then what you can buy them on the internet...it's a steal. I'd say 75% being the threshold in a resale mentality.

Just out of curiosity, what guns is he getting rid of also?

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I have the 8" chef's knife, and that is an awesome knife, that for 20 bucks shipped from amazon, I have absolutely NO complaints what so ever from. I love the thing

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    I have several newer models (Espada, Voyager, Spartan) and they are all fine knives with solid lock up. Only thing is the prices definately vary, I got all of mine for less then the actual CS website. Amazon would be a good guage for a megasite to compare to.

Pachucko

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Espadar
    Black Rhino
    Black Sable
    Magnum Tanto San Mai

All made in Japan
    All in the boxes.

I usually check completed listings on eBay to see what the discontinued stuff is going for.

Top Bottom