Anyone tried out the ND3 Laser Designator for Texas Hog Hunting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndAmendmentGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I was just gifted one of these things ND3 Green Laser Designator for hunting and EMT | Laser Genetics in anticipation of my 1st Texas hog hunting trip and wondered if anyone else out there had used one for the same. If so, thoughts? It looks like it could be pretty cool. I've seen mixed reviews on it so far. The biggest criticism is that it doesn't work well in low temps, and the general feeling that the company's suggested work-around was pretty lame (tape two hand warmers around the unit). Others have said it worked GREAT and did not seem to phase the hogs in the least.

Comments?
    Texas SOT

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Have not used one yet, but we have sold two and have two more in the shop... very cool piece of gear, kind of like low budget NV for hog hunting, the two guys we sold them to love them.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I demoed one in a dark warehouse. I was impressed with it. When you get the beam focused just right for your scope, it looks like you're using really high quality night vision. Keep in mind however it's more like a laser powered flashlight. I've talked to folks who've actually used it on hogs and coyotes and they say if you turn the light on right on top of them it'll spook them, but if you have it on constantly but sweep it up to the animal they don't pay any attention to it. No personal experience with that, just relaying what I heard.

Top Bottom