Anyone using Tor?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
BANNED!!!
Jan 21, 2013
I'm hearing more and more about Tor (The onion router) as a way to give one some measure of online anonymity. Would anyone using it (and willing to admit it) mind commenting on any issues they have found?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.
About as much as this thread: Turkey Cooking - 5 years running best turkey ever. Are you TGT's self-designated Hall Monitor?
I think his comment has more to do with the section you posted in and not a non firearm topic overall.
Mods can probably move it for you. I would be interested in some talk on Tor myself.

jasont

Jul 17, 2008
Houston
I tried it just to see what it was about. You're going through 7 other peoples computers so it's incredibly slow. Makes the web pages load weird sometimes because of things that get lost in the process. A lot of the servers used have been blocked by different message boards and e-mail websites so you can't log onto them. It's just a pain and I haven't tried it again since I first downloaded it.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
BANNED!!!
Jan 21, 2013
I tried it just to see what it was about. You're going through 7 other peoples computers so it's incredibly slow. Makes the web pages load weird sometimes because of things that get lost in the process. A lot of the servers used have been blocked by different message boards and e-mail websites so you can't log onto them. It's just a pain and I haven't tried it again since I first downloaded it.
Thanks, that's the kind of info I was interested in hearing.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
BANNED!!!
Jan 21, 2013
I think his comment has more to do with the section you posted in and not a non firearm topic overall.
Mods can probably move it for you. I would be interested in some talk on Tor myself.
If that's the case, then I apologize for snapping at Fool's Gold.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members