Patriot Mobile

Anyone willing to make some hand loads for me?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Can not find the ammo I like for my 308 anywhere and I was hoping that there would be someone so kind to make some loads for me. I would compensate them. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I figured it would be the right place to start.
    Venture Surplus ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Can not find the ammo I like for my 308 anywhere and I was hoping that there would be someone so kind to make some loads for me. I would compensate them. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I figured it would be the right place to start.

I think most would worry about liability on this. Why not just buy into relaoding your own? As a matter of fact I have a RCBS set up for sale. It's an elderly friends that's loosing his vision. It's like new & pretty much complete except dies.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I think most would worry about liability on this. Why not just buy into relaoding your own? As a matter of fact I have a RCBS set up for sale. It's an elderly friends that's loosing his vision. It's like new & pretty much complete except dies.
    Trust me I would love to but I really really do not have any room to do it at my apt. If you saw my apt you would understand. I was looking into it for awhile.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    .308 reload needs a decent bench. I used a Black & Decker Workmate for a bench while in an apartment so I could take it down. It worked but it walked around during resizing.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Mount the press to a block of wood and C Clamp it down. Reload anywhere.

If I were closer you could load your own on my equipment but I will not do it for liability reasons.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Mount the press to a block of wood and C Clamp it down. Reload anywhere.

If I were closer you could load your own on my equipment but I will not do it for liability reasons.

That would be awesome but yea that is a bit far of a ride. Most of the members seem to be down your way.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area

what is included with it and how much are you asking?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Once you see how easy it is to reload. You'll get the bug.

One day you might get a hair to load subsonic 308. And with the PTSD, you'll make sure every single facet of reloading is beyond perfect. I suffer from it also. I have the same soldiers OCD.

It's relaxing to reload.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    It does not have to take as much room as you think. If you come to the Oct meet, I'll try to bring my setup and show you if you want.
    You won't believe how little room it takes for 1-2 calibers.

from an idgit coffeeholic

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    It does not have to take as much room as you think. If you come to the Oct meet, I'll try to bring my setup and show you if you want.
    You won't believe how little room it takes for 1-2 calibers.

As long as there are no health issues with the baby (they are inducing labor wed. cause the kid does not want to come out wife is over 40 weeks) I will be at the meet in Oct. But yea that would be cool. I read and review the lyman book constantly and am always looking at deals for starter loading kits. Its more the storage of the loading equipment then the setting it up on my kitchen counter.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    As long as there are no health issues with the baby (they are inducing labor wed. cause the kid does not want to come out wife is over 40 weeks) I will be at the meet in Oct. But yea that would be cool. I read and review the lyman book constantly and am always looking at deals for starter loading kits. Its more the storage of the loading equipment then the setting it up on my kitchen counter.
    A small corner of a closet will usually suffice.

Well, for a while anyways.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    A corner desk works well too. I have a white formica corner desktop (54" on each side along the wall) that your welcome to if you could use it. You could attach it to 2x4 along the walls (center section only) and support each end with Ikea cabinets (build a 2x4 base or buy the metal legs). Since the Ikea cabinets attach to the wall, makes a solid reloading bench. I used the corner desk for years before moving to something larger this year. I mount my presses (2) on 3/4" plywood sheets and just slide them out the way when I need space in the work area. When in use, slide them into position and bolt them to the desk with long screws and wing nuts.

I've even sell you a almost new Hornady Classic press for $100. Package deal, desktop and press for $100. Or desktop is free LOL! The press works fine. I used it to reload 100 270AR but decided I wanted a different press with automated primer feed system.

Send me PM if interested. I up in Frisco.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    A small corner of a closet will usually suffice.

Well, for a while anyways.

My reloading room is a walk in closet. It's about 5' deep. Maybe 6-7' wide. Reloading bench runs along one wall and it's 14 3/4" x 53 15/16".

Desk chair, a couple of shelves(the ones that were in there to begin with), small square open bin cabinet(cheap toy shelf), radio. I need to get a plastic 44 drawer bin cabinet for all the small parts.

I also need a lower shelf behind the press. I'm gonna use a 1x4. It's only gonna hold a couple packs of primers. Couple boxes of bullets. Lube, oil, bore cleaners, polish. All the small bottles of stuff. Drill a couple of holes in it to hold screwdrivers. Center punch...

I started reloading in a closet as a teenager. The size of the room stuck with me.

The tumbler is out in the garage. I don't want to hear the thing rattle.

Last edited:

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Don't know if I should make a new thread for this question its kinda on the same topic but here goes. I have been studying my lymans book and for 308 I think I picked out a load I want to experement with, (just gonna order over the next month the equipment to load Tired of not being able to find my rounds I like.) It is a 168gr sierra match hpbt will that bullet perform like the hornady 168 gr hpbt? or will the powder load be different? the lymans book does not have hornady 168gr hpbt in it. next question I it suggest n550 powder what brands are good? last question what brand large rifle primers? I already have the loading equipment picked out and talked to the wife and agreed on how to store the equipment. Just gonna order things starting next month.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Check Sierra's load data as well. Email them and they will probably send it to you. Make sure the powder is available where you are too. Sometimes the loads you used are dependent on powders you get. What I can get in my area is till hit or miss.

Top Bottom