• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    I haven't lived in an apartment since '98. Here in Austin, it is my observation that most non-high-end apartments are relatively high property crime areas, high-end are not too far behind. Announcing which apartment may have a stash of guns to steal may not be wise.

In my neighborhood, there are only three or four neighbors that know I have guns. If someone breaks in and takes my guns, the suspect pool is nice and shallow.
    Venture Surplus ad

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    BIGPAPIGREG; Southpaw,

Fyi, I've lived in 2 States where OC has always been lawful (for a combined total of over 25 years) & LESS than ONE percent of people OC except on their own premises and/or when at the range/fishing/hunting/camping.
    (For example, in the Commonwealth of Virginia OC has always been allowed & those few persons who routinely OC aren't even "remarked upon" except in The City of Alexandria. - Fwiw, Alexandria is/has been for decades "the home of far left morons" in VA & anyone who can be identified as carrying any sort of deadly weapon WILL be stopped, "questioned closely", detained & repeatedly "harassed" by city police.)

Note: When I was a SDUSM in the 1990s, I was routinely "stopped & questioned" there by city LEO. - About the 3-4th time that I was stopped & "harassed" by city LEO, I asked "why" & was told, "The mayor doesn't want anybody but Alexandria PD to carry guns in our city."

Should Constitutional Carry ever be TX law, I really don't expect many people to routinely OC.

just my OPINION, satx
    Tex......look at yer post (#48)......Concealed Carry is already passed & legal. That is what I was referring to.....:facepalm:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    BIGPAPAGREG,

I see the problem. = In VA/WV & some other eastern States where I was stationed, "CC" is code for CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY, i. e., NO license necessary for concealed carry.

Funny that concealed licenses up there were the hardest to get passed in many areas, as OC was always lawful.

MEA CULPA.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    BIGPAPIGREG,

FUNNY that some places concealed carry was HARD to get passed Statewide BUT OC was forever lawful.

Incidentally, I got off the phone with my brother-of-the-heart about 30 minutes ago & the FIGHT in WV is over NO LICENSE to carry "for any otherwise lawful reason" & Ed said that it's an UGLY fight, where legislators have literally come to blows in some cases.

It's GOOD to BE HOME to TEXAS.

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Fyi, I have a foot in 2 states. = My BR at my adopted family's "mountain lair", atop West Mountain in WV & a place "to lay my weary head" here in TX too.
    (Thus I keep up with WV politics reference 2nd Amendment RIGHTS, too.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

IF you read Greg/my comments above about Eastern States & the difficulty of getting Concealed Carry passed into law, (when OC was always lawful) I have to remind everyone that the ANTI-gun left (i.e., the DIMocRATS) tell the same pack of lies regardless of the 2nd Amendment issue that is being considered.
    (When Concealed Carry was passed in VA, THE WASHINGTON POST, THE RICHMOND TIMES & other "newspapers" said that "blood will run in the streets" because "-------- murderers, rapists, robbers & countless thugs can now legally hide their pistols, sawed-off shotguns & machineguns under their clothes to prey upon school children, women & other innocent people". = The FACT that nothing of the kind happened doesn't deter the leftists from their hysterical wailing/whining/whimpering and continuing to LIE.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

P30L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2015
    What I don't really understand is, that the state takes my money, turns me inside out, ask me to go and pay here, there and there too, make a concealed class exam and pay again, only to get the approval, to being in compliance with the law.
    That would be the same when I would have to have a special approval and have extra to pay an additional fee to pass a green light on MKJ Street with my vehicle.

My mom said we don't need police, and judges anymore. She just post a sign with the law that burglary and home invasion is against the law and no one will ever burglarize or invade her home. Right?

Saying you don't need a weapon for self defense in a gated apartment, house, home community is as smart as the one that tells me, he don't need a fire extinguisher in the Garage, because s/he has a Smoke Detector on the ceiling.

The Right to Bear Arms in Texas: The Intent of the Framers of the Bills of Rights
    The arms guarantee was expressed in different versions of the Texas Constitutions of 1836, 1845, 1869, and 1876. The constitutions of these dates coincide with milestones in Texas legal and political history: the founding of the republic, statehood, Reconstruction, and the return to majority rule. The fate of the right to bear arms in that forty year period reflects the kind of epic that has made Texas famous.(p.632)

It has become almost a fixed attitude of mind to look only to the United States Constitution and ultimately to the Supreme Court of the United States, for protection against unreasonable state statutes affecting the citizens of that state. For those who would halt, or at least slow down, the expansion of federal power and who would revitalize state governments, the careful drafting of a state bill of rights to include all liberties which should be guaranteed against state action (even if they may also be protected by the fourteenth amendment) offers a major challenge. If the states cannot protect their citizens' fundamental liberties, or are careless about such protection, then obviously the basic, fundamental vitality of state governments is immeasurably weakened.[5]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom