• ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Apple watch: WOW, left the rest of the tech watch folks in the dust

iPhone: Powerful tool, LOVE the i6 Plus big screen for my old eyes...

Back in '85 I was a Sw developer and had just got promoted to Project Manager. My world have been UNIX and I decided I needed to buy a computer. I looked at everything out there and it came down to MS DOS and its variants. Then one day a engineer who worked for me stopped by my office and asked if I had seen the Macintosh and its GUI. As we were developing a GUI for UNIX I said no I have not. He said you MUST see this. So we headed down to a store in Seattle that sold them...I bought 25 of them for my engineers and said this is what we need to do! I contacted Apple and became an Apple Sw Developer. There has been an Apple on my desk since 1985.

I am impressed...AGAIN!
    Gun Zone Deals

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I'm 27 and almost hate technology. I have an iPhone 5s and I'm convinced it's the best phone and the best size.

I read an an article a few years back about how expensive computers used to be. It was about macs and it explained the different investments from the 90s. A 2400$ computer vs 2400$ in shares. The shares would be worth over 300,000$ today.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Interesting.

I have an IPhone 4S for work and can't stand it.

I've seen the 5 and it has no more appeal to me than the 4S. Can't imagine how the 6 would be different.

Guess that's why there are nearly as many phone models and OSs as there are gun makes and models.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I think for fitness minded folks, the watch has great potential. I'm in the 'don't wear a watch' group though, I don't personally want one for myself. Very cool device though.

I'm really liking Apple Pay though. One-time-use fake credit card numbers, authenticate the payment with your thumb on the phone, etc. Your credit card is stolen? Scramble to call the bank. Your phone is stolen, no big deal other than losing your expensive ass phone lol. With Activation Lock turned on though, there's a far greater chance of getting it back since it's useless to whoever finds it. I really like the camera improvements, since 90% of my pictures are taken with my phone now. Since I'm due for an upgrade anyway, I will probably end up picking up the 6+

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Android all the way. I can take my memory card out with all of my music and pictures. Apple keeps you hooked like the government with their proprietary systems.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I've had a Samsung Note 3 with a 5.7-inch screen and love it . Just the right size and I ditched my tablet. Had an early apple and it was ok.

This is apple responding to demand not staying ahead.

Last edited:

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I don't see the point of the watch either. I like the size of the 5 and hate that phones keep getting bigger. I guess I can get used to the size of the 6 over time. But I don't think I will like it.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Android all the way. I can take my memory card out with all of my music and pictures. Apple keeps you hooked like the government with their proprietary systems.
    Many Android devices are now being made without removable flash storage as well. Seems that argument never truly panned out as necessary in actual use. Apple doesn't lock you down completely, it's actually quite trivial to move files on/off the device. I dislike iTunes, so I don't use iTunes - and I manage my data just fine. I can mount my NON-jailbroken iPhone like an external hard drive if I want. My biggest gripe is the cost of storage, they're certainly making a healthy profit on the larger capacity units.

This is apple responding to demand not staying ahead.
    If you remember, everyone scrambled to come out with a connected watch when they heard the rumor Apple was working on one. Samsung has released what, six wearable duds now? There's doing it first, and there's doing it right. They spent more time on the look, the feel, the functionality, the fit and finish, etc. The others rushed to market in the quest to be first. Kinda like the cool kids on Slashdot who race to have the first comment on an article, but share nothing beyond "First !!!!" as the content of the post.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    If you remember, everyone scrambled to come out with a connected watch when they heard the rumor Apple was working on one. Samsung has released what, six wearable duds now? There's doing it first, and there's doing it right. They spent more time on the look, the feel, the functionality, the fit and finish, etc. The others rushed to market in the quest to be first. Kinda like the cool kids on Slashdot who race to have the first comment on an article, but share nothing beyond "First !!!!" as the content of the post.

Was talking about the large screen i6 plus. Not the watch. Samsung has successfully had a larger screen and this note 3 with 1080p for a long time. The Samsung Mega has a 6.3-inch screen.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Was talking about the large screen i6 plus. Not the watch. Samsung has successfully had a larger screen and this note 3 with 1080p for a long time. The Samsung Mega has a 6.3-inch screen.
    Ahh, my bad. Absolutely right there, Apple sat on their hands on the screen size. The 6.3" is ridiculous though, look like you're stealing a big screen TV any time you take a call. :)

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    All things Android already does, and at a much cheaper cost. iPhone when it first came out I didn't care for, but I still respected the quality and ease of use for most users... Now the quality has faltered and they are behind. NFC has been around for years for mobile payment, look at Google Wallet. Apple just doesn't have the tech like they once did in the iPhone. They do, however, still have some of the best advertising and know how to keep customers loyal.

Sent From This Tablet They Call A Phone, The G Flex

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    I read the article and thought it smacked of "me too". Not necessarily a bad thing, if you're an apple customer. It's good they (the customers) have access to this existing technology. ;)

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I like the larger iPhone. I went with the Samsung Galaxy III last time for that reason. Contracts up in January. Might switch back to the iPhone. But have to say, Samsung has caught up to Apple when it comes to smart phones. Both Apple and Android phones are excellent.

I've also been a fan of Apple's computers since early 2000. But still keep a windows desktop computer for some task due to software. Apple's OS has been fine until I installed Maverick. PIA OS that's not ready for primetime. Hopefully, Yosemite will fix all of Mavericks problems.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom