Texas SOT

Approved 10/3/11....still no stamp....normal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TKG

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    My can was approved 10/3/11 per the ATF, but I just called the dealer and he hasn't received the stamp. I've been following NFA tracker and it seems that it only takes a few days. I'm getting a little concerned as it's been over 2 weeks. Is this normal?

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I've been watching NFA tracker and a few NFA tracking threads from other sites, and it appears it is definitely taking longer than it once did. Simple things like cashing the check or mailing the stamp are taking a few weeks. I just found out I had a dealer to dealer transfer approved in September that the dealer never recv'd the form back from the ATF. So now, I'm having to wait until the form can be sent again. I have a feeling its gonna get worse before it gets better.

Ready.Fire.Aim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My can was approved 10/3/11 per the ATF, but I just called the dealer and he hasn't received the stamp. I've been following NFA tracker and it seems that it only takes a few days. I'm getting a little concerned as it's been over 2 weeks. Is this normal?

This is not normal. I have had over two dozen NFA stamps in past three years. All arrived within a week of approval- except one. It was lost and required a notarized statement to be replaced. My last stamp for a M16 was approved last month and was received while the database still showed pending.

Call and talk to the examiner.

Good luck,

RFA

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Are you waiting on more than one stamp?

A friend of mine put in two Form 1's in the same envelope. The first was approved about 2 weeks before the second, but they held it so they could send both stamps in the same package.

TKG

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    One other thing, a buddy of mine bought a can from the same guy as me and our paperwork was sent out at almost the same time. He hasn't received his either. Do they mail the forms individually or do they send them in bulk if a dealer has multiple transfers?

TKG

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Well my buddy called the dealer and we were told to wait a couple of months and if it didn't show up, he would refile. Not the answer I was looking for.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Earlier this year I got 3 different stamps in about 3 months time each. Waiting on a .22 cal stamp for can since June 15. Called ATF and was told still pending (4 months). I hear there is a significant increase in suppressor purchases lately and the ATF is swamped.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Go figure....stamp came in today.

I told you. In all due respect to these people who have had numerous other stamps, I've been watching NFA tracker like a hawk and I'm telling you this is becoming a very identifiable trend. Its taking several days/weeks to cash checks and mail out completed stamps. I hope this doesn't become the norm.

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    It took about 7 months for my approval. Once approved the stamp arrived in just a few days.

I had a mess up on the paper was the reason for the long delay. Not the norm for sure! LOL

Brad

TKG

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I was checking NFA tracker too and it seems like about a week seems to be the norm. They did mail me and me buddies stamp in the same envelope. I should have it in my hands tomorrow.

JustaPhule

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Greenville, TX
    Just sent one in on Monday. Check check hit my bank today, They converted it to an electronic debit. The "get the money" part of the transaction is speeding up. Now if they can only speed up the other parts.

Top Bottom