e1ca2728fbf2e8e807278aca42d39c90.jpg

Sent from my HAL 9000
    Hurley's Gold

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    I might not be bringing my Mosin after all. Managed to tear a bunch of scar tissue from an old hernia repair. Don't need surgery number 4, but I'm being told to get a truss. So if i'm not healed up by then, I guess cross the Mosin off my previous post and add hernia truss. If it bugs me enough, i might throw it down range for y'all to shoot at.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Edwarethered

Don't put the buttstock on your pelvis and shoot from the shoulder. That way you won't need a hernia truss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a long ARM BRACE?????? and pistol grip??????Let the arm SWING.

Load your own 'LITE-LOADS'????????

Mount it to a wheelchair?????

There is always a 'work-around'.

Last edited:

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    Edwarethered

Don't put the buttstock on your pelvis and shoot from the shoulder. That way you won't need a hernia truss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a long ARM BRACE?????? and pistol grip??????Let the arm SWING.

Load your own 'LITE-LOADS'????????

Mount it to a wheelchair?????

There is always a 'work-around'.

Sage words. Main issue with me shooting presently is the weight thing. Docs put me on a 10lb weight limit, and workers comp has sent spies on me before, so I really don't want to get stuck having to pay for my own treatment. Hopefully by April I'll be solid enough that this won't matter. I really should have invested in smaller calibres earlier on. lol

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    There will be plenty there. I'll have at least one AR with a bipod if you want to shoot it.

Sent from my iPad by an idiot coffeeholic.

Last edited:

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    Do we all have to be the Lox? Can I not and say I did?

Much appreciated about the AR's. If i'm lucky i'll have mine pieced together by then. Or atleast buy some parts off of you fine bunch of people if y'all have any to spare. Heh, last time I shot any 5.56 it was from an M16 back in '04. So far it's looking like I'm gonna be trussed up, but hopefully off restriction, things are healing up pretty good so far, So i'll gladly pull the trigger on anything y'all will let me and i'll throw in for ammo. My wife and 15 year old step-son are even wanting to come now, so i've got carrying capacity now if i'm not all healed up by then.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Do we all have to be the Lox? Can I not and say I did?

Much appreciated about the AR's. If i'm lucky i'll have mine pieced together by then. Or atleast buy some parts off of you fine bunch of people if y'all have any to spare. Heh, last time I shot any 5.56 it was from an M16 back in '04. So far it's looking like I'm gonna be trussed up, but hopefully off restriction, things are healing up pretty good so far, So i'll gladly pull the trigger on anything y'all will let me and i'll throw in for ammo. My wife and 15 year old step-son are even wanting to come now, so i've got carrying capacity now if i'm not all healed up by then.

I will bring some pistol caliber carbines that little to no recoil. You and family are more than welcome to shoot them.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    I've got an 1894 in .45 Colt you can shoot. When using cowboy loads it recoils about as much as my 10/22.

Top Bottom