• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GFGear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    CA
    I have been working on this design for over a year, developing and testing different designs and alloys.

It is a no gun smithing required upgrade for the ar-15, it fixes the design flaw of the original charging handle, allowing the operator to maintain his main hand grip on the fire control, while his off hand pulls the side charger back and engages the bolt lock.

The body of the side charger is machined from billet 7075 with a heat treat, it is extremely durable, and VERY rigid, which is important to avoid flex or torque.

The internal parts are made from steel.

The finish is anodized black, with the GFG logo cnc engraved.

Most optics will fit without issue, if there is a clearance issue, a 10$ 1/4 riser on the optic rail will fix it.

I have charged the first part from this prototype run over a thousand times, the only wear has been anodizing beginning to fade on the right side of the charger where it sits inside the weapon.

These come with a 5 year warranty, if it breaks send it back for a new one, no questions asked.

The price is 149.00

Single
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271238704369?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Dealer prices are available, a minimum order of 5 side chargers qualifies for 33% off list.

Dealer 5 pack
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271241822690?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Video

GFG Side Charging handle. The industries first drop in side charger for the ar-15. - YouTube

IMG_1121_zps96cc872c.jpg

IMG_1134_zps0f2121ca.jpg

IMG_1153_zpsd9a315a4.jpg

IMG_1143_zps0d5c3445.jpg
    Lynx Defense

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Damnit my scope mount is a one piece extended mount with knobs on the same side as this thing. I'd really hate to get a today as my check weld is perfect on it. Really cool idea though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Neat idea.

Kinda wonder why you say in the video that a reciprocating knob is 'not great and not safe' seems that it works great on the AK, SKS, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M-14/M1A, Galil, etc............

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    This is a very interesting idea. I'm intrigued. If I had an AR, or when I end up rebuilding one, I'll buy one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    I love my ASA upper, but I think I would have rather bought 5 of these for less.... Once you start using the side chargers going back to a "normal" AR is no fun.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I don't but I have seen them out there. This thing would be really cool for that person who has gone all out to make their rifle left-handed. Maybe be able to make them as needed?

Top Bottom