• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I may be a little late on this topic, but I recommend you look at the Rock River line of ARs. I currently own two of them. Up until a few months ago I had five Rock Rivers. I sold three of them in order to buy my new Springfield M1A1 rifle.
    I have owned ARs made by several other manufactures and I prefer the Rock Rivers. I currently own a Standard A4 rifle with a 20" barrel and Leopold 4.5x14 scope mounted on it. I also have a Tactical Entry A4 with a 16" barrel and a ACOG TA01 scope on it. Both of my rifles have chrome moly barrels and they are tack drivers.
    Today at the range I had a couple of 5 shot groups that you could cover with a dime. These groups were shot at 100 yards with my Sierra Match King 52 grain bullet loads. There is nothing wrong with Bushmaster, DPMS, or most of the other ARs on the market these days. I built my first AR using Rock River parts. I now just buy them complete because they shoot so well right from Rock River. I am 63 years old, so if I can get this kind of performance out of an AR younger guys with better eyes should be deadly.
    If you are just going to use it for target shooting, I recommend you leave the AR plain. I see a lot of guys at the range that have a ton of "gadgets" on their ARs to make them look like a military rifle. I promise all of that stuff will not make it shoot any better. If you have shopped around for an AR lately you will see that the AR market has tanked. Rifles that sold for $1,600 or more last year are now selling for less than half that amount. I was talking with a local gun store last week. They had three DPMS rifles on their rifle display. I asked if they had sold any ARs lately. The owner said he hadn't sold an AR in three months.
    B&R Precision is an on-line gun dealer that I have used in the past. They have always had the lowest prices on Rock River ARs. If you haven't already bought something, you might give them a look. They do not post the prices of their Rock River ARs on their website, so you will have to give them a call. It is worth the dime!!
    Venture Surplus ad

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    Direct gas: Colt or BCM for a tactical gun, Noveske for a precision rifle.
    Piston: LWRCI

Anything else is substandard. Buy the best and cry once.
    Just my opinion, though.
    Noveske is stuff that could be used as a precision rifle or tactical gun. I wouldn't hesitate to put my stainless Noveske through a tactical carbine course.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Noveske is stuff that could be used as a precision rifle or tactical gun. I wouldn't hesitate to put my stainless Noveske through a tactical carbine course.

Same here, and I'd hardly call LMT or Daniel Defense, which are not on his list, substandard.

Top Bottom