• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I wouldn't call 300BO that rare either...it's pretty common. 223/556 will sell out first in a panic over 300BO. Don't think either of those should justify steering someone away from the catridge.

Also don't understand the dud comment for mass produced ammo from manufacturers? Doubt there will be any squib loads in there.
    .223 might sell out first, but its also the first thing that comes back into stock.

5.56/.223 is in constant production. Where were you during the last panic? NATO calibers were the only ones that ever came back in a reasonable amount of time

You don't understand the dud comment? Ok, I've shot ammo inc stuff, and its probably the least reliable ammunition ive ever shot.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Dang, I don't even have the thing built yet, and I'm already out of ammo! LOL
    I know whenever I get emails from ammo sellers, there's almost always .300blk advertised. And I do reload, so a set of dies and some bullets and I should be able to work up a load.
    Since you reload, .300 give you lots of room to play with, and means you can load subs for super cheap, which is the real drawl of the round.

If you don't already have a .30 cal suppressor, you should buy that first, and build your gun during the wait

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Dang, I don't even have the thing built yet, and I'm already out of ammo! LOL
    I know whenever I get emails from ammo sellers, there's almost always .300blk advertised. And I do reload, so a set of dies and some bullets and I should be able to work up a load.
    I load a 220gr rn using H110/w296 for subsonic. It suppresses quite well, plus if you load any magnum pistol cartridges like .357mag or 44 mag , you likely already have that powder.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Bought this 10.5” PSA 5.56 in 2022 just for the heck of it.
    Have never shot it, but will use 855 whenever I get around to it.
    or might just sell it.
    3AE277A8-EEBA-4265-9EBF-E50DD593EC6B.jpeg

Last edited:

Coon

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    I load a 220gr rn using H110/w296 for subsonic. It suppresses quite well, plus if you load any magnum pistol cartridges like .357mag or 44 mag , you likely already have that powder.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    As a matter of fact, I do have some H110. This is starting to look like it’s gonna be fun!

Coon

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery

I found these while surfing around. I’ve heard that Delta Team Tactical is pretty cheesy, but these really look like pretty good deal. Especially if I order them not put together. That way I get the fun of building it myself and the confidence of knowing it’s put together right. I’m liking the first one. Any opinions?

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot

I found these while surfing around. I’ve heard that Delta Team Tactical is pretty cheesy, but these really look like pretty good deal. Especially if I order them not put together. That way I get the fun of building it myself and the confidence of knowing it’s put together right. I’m liking the first one. Any opinions?
    DTT or Davidson Defense has a lot of bad reviews, and is generally looked down upon. That being said, the ELD barrels generally have good reviews, I’m not sure who the actual manufacturer is though.

Coon

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    DTT or Davidson Defense has a lot of bad reviews, and is generally looked down upon. That being said, the ELD barrels generally have good reviews, I’m not sure who the actual manufacturer is though.
    Yeah, I’m thinking that the only DTT item in there is the upper receiver. Plus, they’re giving an extra 15% off this week. That puts my total at $165.74 before tax and shipping.

Kbone70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2022
    Prosper
    I was not really into a AR pistol platform, but I recently acquired 2 Colt 11.5 uppers one Commando and one LE. They changed my mind and I am completing one of the pistol builds today going to wrap the buffer with paracord to give it a good look.

Coon

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    I was not really into a AR pistol platform, but I recently acquired 2 Colt 11.5 uppers one Commando and one LE. They changed my mind and I am completing one of the pistol builds today going to wrap the buffer with paracord to give it a good look.
    I’ve got a brace, but the paracord idea sounds cool. Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

Kbone70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2022
    Prosper
    I’ve got a brace, but the paracord idea sounds cool. Welcome to the forum!
    Thanks I like the brace idea but just sticking with the buffer by itself and cord makes its simple to never get confused as a SBR in my mind.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    In what way would you ever have to worry about confusing your pistol for an SBR? Unless you’re mounting a vertical grip or taking out of state, I can’t think of any other times where it would matter.

Kbone70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2022
    Prosper
    In what way would you ever have to worry about confusing your pistol for an SBR? Unless you’re mounting a vertical grip or taking out of state, I can’t think of any other times where it would matter.
    I guess just other peoples comments or input. For me its just the issue of leaving it open for interpretation and having to deal with or argue my case.

Coon

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    Well, I got it done. Here she is:
    20240122_215311.jpg

Specifications:

Caliber: .300 Blackout

Classification: Pistol

Barrel: ELD Performance 8.5" 300 AAC BLK, Pistol Gas, 1:7T, Medium Profile, 4150 CrMoV, Nitride

Twist Rate: 1:7T

Thread Pitch: 5/8x24

Upper Receiver: Davidson Defense Mil-Spec AR-15 Upper w/ M4 Feedramps - 7075 T6 Aluminum

Handguard: Guntec 9" AR-15 AirLite Series "Honeycomb" M-LOK Free Floating Handguard

Gas Block: Micro Low-Profile Gas Block for .750 O.D Barrel Steel

Gas Tube: Omega Stainless Pistol Length Gas Tube

Muzzle Device: Recoil Technologies Flash Can In 5/8x24

Top Bottom