• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    There is a ton of wisdom on this forum, and every single member I have met or done business with has gone out of their way to help me. You are definitely in the right place to get help. Starting out in the AR world can be overwhelming because there are literally thousands of options for every single spring and part that goes on the gun! Simplest best advice I can give you, and it’s probably not gonna be as easy as it was 6-8 months ago, is decide on caliber, then find a stripped lower, an inexpensive lower parts kit, and an already assembled complete upper. It is very easy to assemble an AR lower. And If money is an issue, Palmetto State Armory or Bear Creek Arsenal are inexpensive options. And .223/5.56 has almost no recoil so I wouldn’t even give that a second thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weasel2255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    Texas
    There is a ton of wisdom on this forum, and every single member I have met or done business with has gone out of their way to help me. You are definitely in the right place to get help. Starting out in the AR world can be overwhelming because there are literally thousands of options for every single spring and part that goes on the gun! Simplest best advice I can give you, and it’s probably not gonna be as easy as it was 6-8 months ago, is decide on caliber, then find a stripped lower, an inexpensive lower parts kit, and an already assembled complete upper. It is very easy to assemble an AR lower. And If money is an issue, Palmetto State Armory or Bear Creek Arsenal are inexpensive options. And .223/5.56 has almost no recoil so I wouldn’t even give that a second thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's exactly what i was tryna do. Kept seeing shit disappear af i refreshed pages lol. Given my lack of knowledge & all the Houdini parts i just said to hell with it, get the damn 5.56, it's already assembled & ready to roll out lol

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Weasel2255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    Texas
    Update: $722 for AR, $150 for Romeo5, $50 for 4 xtra mags, about $220 for 420 rds ammo... budget done went to shit lol but I shouldn't need anything else other than swivels & a sling... for now . Again, thx for letn me pick y'all's brains fellas. I've really enjoyed kickin it witcha!!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Update: $722 for AR, $150 for Romeo5, $50 for 4 xtra mags, about $220 for 420 rds ammo... budget done went to shit lol but I shouldn't need anything else other than swivels & a sling... for now . Again, thx for letn me pick y'all's brains fellas. I've really enjoyed kickin it witcha!!

Swivels & sling are you going to shoot it or carry it?

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX

Don't be a stranger now. We may need to pik your brain about something.

Weasel2255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    Texas
    Don't be a stranger now. We may need to pik your brain about something.
    Won't b a stranger but i doubt y'all could benefit from any pickin of this ol melon lol. Just an old roughneck so if it ain't oilfield related i prolly only know just enuf to get by

I do have a few other things I'd like to upgrade but I'll hafta put those together later. Btw, how "private" are these types of chat rooms? Like can we discuss WHATEVER we want r does it need to lean more on the "legal" side of things? Ain't talkin about no fukn dark web type shit lol

Weasel2255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    Texas
    Won't b a stranger but i doubt y'all could benefit from any pickin of this ol melon lol. Just an old roughneck so if it ain't oilfield related i prolly only know just enuf to get by

I do have a few other things I'd like to upgrade but I'll hafta put those together later. Btw, how "private" are these types of chat rooms? Like can we discuss WHATEVER we want r does it need to lean more on the "legal" side of things? Ain't talkin about no fukn dark web type shit lol

Say u go all the way thru with ATF Form 1 & all's legit, any experience with makin ur own suppressor outta sediment filters?

Weasel2255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    Texas
    I have a bad ass tomahawk I can legally carry too. The minute I us it to kill someone you don't think the defense won't bring that up? Thead lightly with your new pistol!
    Oh yeah, i feel u man. Deff cya, just sayin i can if i feel the need & the way shit's been goin lately with this damn zombie apocalypse we might feel the need sooner than we think lol. Also, n laws have a good bit of land & no side by side out there so the strap will come in handy. Not to mention if you're on patrol...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Both lol. With LTC u can take it anywhere as long as u keep it as a pistol

Not sure you have thought about this for carry.
    With an LTC, if you carry it open, doesn't Texas law require a "handgun" to be in a shoulder or belt holster? Not to many out there for AR handguns. And I don't think a sling is going to qualify except on your own property.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Say u go all the way thru with ATF Form 1 & all's legit, any experience with makin ur own suppressor outta sediment filters?

You quoted yourself, but that’s beside the point.

There is very little to no anonymity in the internet. Our little corner is a place to hangout when we can’t meet face to face, which a lot of us do...range days, lunches, and the semi-annual reunions.

Members span the gamut of Texas and spans pretty much all occupations; got a question on the legality of something, there’s probably going to be folks who will point you to the relevant statues and maybe help clarify.

For instance, carrying an AR pistol in Texas is covered in several portion of the Texas Government Code, and how it’s carried does matter, especially when it comes to the Motorist Protection Act. But those rules are much different than what is lawful on your own property.

Knowing what laws apply is how you stay legal. Asking questions is fine.

As for making your own can, there’s a process to do so legally and and a variety of widely-available instructions on how to do that. Keeping lawful is on you and I don’t know anyone here who will advocate you violate the law to meet your desires.

Weasel2255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    Texas
    With an LTC, if you carry it open, doesn't Texas law require a "handgun" to be in a shoulder or belt holster? Not to many out there for AR handguns. And I don't think a sling is going to qualify except on your own property.

Actually, that's a good point. I haven't looked into it, just see ol bro n law wide ass open & assumed it was cool lol. I'll deff check into it tho

Weasel2255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    Texas
    You quoted yourself, but that’s beside the point.

There is very little to no anonymity in the internet. Our little corner is a place to hangout when we can’t meet face to face, which a lot of us do...range days, lunches, and the semi-annual reunions.

Members span the gamut of Texas and spans pretty much all occupations; got a question on the legality of something, there’s probably going to be folks who will point you to the relevant statues and maybe help clarify.

For instance, carrying an AR pistol in Texas is covered in several portion of the Texas Government Code, and how it’s carried does matter, especially when it comes to the Motorist Protection Act. But those rules are much different than what is lawful on your own property.

Knowing what laws apply is how you stay legal. Asking questions is fine.

As for making your own can, there’s a process to do so legally and and a variety of widely-available instructions on how to do that. Keeping lawful is on you and I don’t know anyone here who will advocate you violate the law to meet your desires.
    Preciate this!! But no, not tryna violate ANYTHING whatsoever. I already have 5 firearms registered under my name so if it's anonymity i was after then I'm already fukd lmao. I don't want any reason for big brother to come knockin on my door lol. I just don't wanna pay no damn $800 for something i could make myself for a fraction of that. I was wondering if diy falls under the same laws as purchasing one from a licensed dealer & if so then I'm curious if anyone has any experience in diy & what's preferred. I'm deff not tryna

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

There are some.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=ar-...ndroid-att-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom