• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cyberlink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington
    I have started looking at building an AR15 and trying to get an idea what it will cost and what I will need to make it work.

The lower is not a problem, there seem to be some great kits out there for them. It is the upper that I have not found a kit for. When I price out all the parts it looks like it will cost less to just buy an assembled upper with barrel, bolt carrier and bolt. Have I missed something on the upper? maybe a good place to get the parts :D

I am looking at building a carbine model with adjustable stock.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Lynx Defense

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    model 1, del-ton, and a few others sell kits in the 500 dollar range just needing a stripped lower
    ar's can cost up to like 3k if you want super amazing stuff. but a cheap kit will work fine for most ppl

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    I have started looking at building an AR15 and trying to get an idea what it will cost and what I will need to make it work.

The lower is not a problem, there seem to be some great kits out there for them. It is the upper that I have not found a kit for. When I price out all the parts it looks like it will cost less to just buy an assembled upper with barrel, bolt carrier and bolt. Have I missed something on the upper? maybe a good place to get the parts :D

I am looking at building a carbine model with adjustable stock.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I went threw the same thing a few months ago. I ended up buy a built upper that included the BCG. If you include the price of the tools that are needed to put the upper together you are going to come out a lot cheaper just buying one. my .02 anyway

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    The only exception to it being cheaper than buying piece by piece would be if you wanted a specific barrel, forend, flash suppressor, sights, etc. If you are just wanting a plain run-of-the mill upper, buy it complete. If you want something custom, you will be saving money by buying it in parts.

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    I built mine from a stripped lower, lower parts, and complete upper. Much cheaper this way and I have an appreciation of how it's put together so if something doesn't work I have an idea how to fix it.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    The BCM 16" M4 upper is in stock at BCM right now for $425, but you need handguards, BCG, and a CH still... but looks to be a GREAT quality piece... They have a Stag upper in stock with the BCG, HG, and CH for $530 too though...

Still need a complete lower with either option though...

Top Bottom