• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Actually, that's not a hummer, it's a HMMWV.

Hummers were made by GM on SUV frames

And what's wrong with the M1097s? They're HMMWVs too.

:p

Yes, I know the military nomenclature of the Hummer, thank you Mr. Obvious. For the rest, you're only partially correct. First off, I didn't include the M1097 because it wasn't the origination of the civilian "Hummer" which was shown in the picture. M998's which were were made by AM General are. The civilian versions were made by several companies around the world, GM being but one and only the H3 was made on an SUV chassis, the H2 was built on a GM 2500 HD (pick-up truck) chassis. The H3 shared the same chassis as the Canyon, Colorado, and Mitsubishi Alpha and were all built at the GM plant in Shreveport, La. I know, I was there for a re-tool some years back. Check your facts before you think to gainsay an old fart.
    ARJ Defense ad

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Sorry, didn't realize your skin was so thin......

LOL! No, I've actually got pretty thick skin, which was necessary to be a Electrical Superintendent in today's construction world. Try sitting in a meeting with the General and Prime Electrical contractors on a large job that is going south, everything said in those meetings had to be water off a duck's back. I simply wanted to make sure you had your facts straight. You're not the first young man I've schooled, nor will you be the last. No insult taken nor meant Younggun.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    LOL! No, I've actually got pretty thick skin, which was necessary to be a Electrical Superintendent in today's construction world. Try sitting in a meeting with the General and Prime Electrical contractors on a large job that is going south, everything said in those meetings had to be water off a duck's back. I simply wanted to make sure you had your facts straight. You're not the first young man I've schooled, nor will you be the last. No insult taken nor meant Younggun.

Good deal.

No insult meant with my original comment. Figured you knew what is was due to your screen name.

Just bein a smart ass.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, a question for this who know.

Will a varmint light paired with gen 2 (or possibly gen 1) increase the effectiveness?

UtopiaTx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Me no. Not a SUV snob either.

nvC00062_zps86a9a9f4.gif
    Renegade, give us some names and facts about your set up and how it works. Looks top notch and I assume pretty spendy?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Renegade, give us some names and facts about your set up and how it works. Looks top notch and I assume pretty spendy?

Base JUMP helmet with ACH Rails, NV is Dual MUMs attached to the helmet using a Wilcox mount. Top IR light is Surefire M130, bottom is Inforce. I normally do not use both IR lights, I was just testing to see which one I liked better. At back is a Guardian IR beacon, and the thing on top is a retention device.

Binocular vs monocular makes a huge difference to me when navigating (driving or walking). For IR lighting I prefer wide dispersion as opposed to long range IR lights like DaTorch which are better on weapons platforms.

Many sources for all these items, but almost all can be had at tnvc.com

h223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Northeast Texas
    Been a lurker on this forum for a while, had to jump in to ask, UtopiaTX, if he's decided on a NV scope yet? I'm in the market, budgets around 4K,
    Have decided on a D-760 Gen 3 AGM HS (AutoGated Manual gain adjustment - Hand Select). Would like for everyone to take a dump on this one and point me in the right direction, couldn't find much on the Raptor, everyone seems to dislike the ATN stuff, not sure why.

As far as shooting the dillo's, I use to blast the heck out them 20 years ago, until the feral hogs showed up, now I enjoy seeing the little fellas, when they root around the hog wallows, it almost helps level them out (almost).

If you post on any forum, you'd better have thick skin and suck it up and take. No feelings to hurt here.

also, I've purchased a couple of items from TNVC, top notch, so its not my first purchase, got a couple PVS14 G3 and a TAM scope (the TAM is just a glorified hand held thermal in my opinion, way over rated).

UtopiaTx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    h223, No I have not decided yet. I take care of two elderly family members and recently we have been on the road much of the time due to health problems, Dr's visits and stays in the hospital. Sometimes life gets in the way of having fun. There are just so many units out there and making a decision just off of internet write ups without trying out a particular unit first is annoying. It would be nice to "test drive" a unit before buying. I do have a local shop that has the ATN line in stock but they act like the units are electrified and they almost won't let you touch them on the counter. I asked if they ever demonstrated the units in a dark room somewhere in their store and all I received was a laugh from the counter guy. I'll just have to investigate a bit more as this is quite a lot of money for my budget. The D-760 Gen 3 you mention in your post looks really nice but I believe it is a 6X which might be a bit more distance than I need for my uses. For further out it looks great....

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    The tnvc wasp looks pretty badass. I'd love to have one of those and a flir setup of some sort. Flir works so much better for target acquisition but the clip ons are awesome in front of quality glass.

UtopiaTx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    I see web sights with description and pictures of the tnvc wasp but who sells them and at what price? They were touted to be out to the public last January but I don't see any sites that sell them...

Last edited:

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    My DDR shepherds are always on duty, so the pests don't even bother. Poor armadillo caught the wrath of my big male after he jumped his fence to neutralize the guy.

I know it doesn't help you with buying a new toy, but the bark of a couple big dogs seems to keep annoying critters at bay. We've only lost one chicken to a snake, but other than that, most of the other animals won't take the risk of slipping into the "Lion's Den".

I have to admit that I would really like a NV setup to find a use for.

Top Bottom