APOD Firearms

Are You Planning on an After-Thanksgiving Meal Nap?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    If it sounds familiar, you're not alone – more than half of all adults who celebrate Thanksgiving plan to take a snooze after their meal according to a survey commissioned by Dunkin' Donuts.
    The amino acid tryptophan has long been credited as the force behind the sleepy sensation so many people experience after Thanksgiving dinner, but science suggests otherwise. ( see I allway thought it was the rum and cokes that did me in)

Are You Planning on an After-Thanksgiving Meal Nap?
    Gun Zone Deals

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From studies I've seen, to get enough tryptophan in your system, you'd have to eat several turkeys (the ENTIRE bird).

As for this family:
    Some people, on the other hand, prefer to fight the post-Thanksgiving urge to nap. Jessica Skeen, of Minneapolis, Minn., said she and her family enjoy a bike ride together after the dishes are done – weather permitting.
    NOT a good idea, either. As the article notes, your gastric system needs bloodflow to digest that meal and if you're out walking or riding a bike, that bloodflow is going to your muscles. Exercising after a large meal is the worst thing to do, as it can cause gastric distress, i.e. that feeling of "a lead weight in your stomach" effect. Wild animals do it right. After a big meal, they take a nap. That allows the stomach to do its job correctly...

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I think it's the glasses of wine that does it for me. As it is I'll be going to bed around 10 PM so I can wake up at 3 AM to head out to Ibex Dunes in Death Valley. Going to be a great holiday, that's for sure.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    History will repeat itself - no planning required. Well, I guess there is the dibbs on chair thing.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Nope....Gonna ride my bicycle.

I have two Banquet TV Turkey dinners which Jake and I will attack. There is a backup of Churches chicken in the refridge, too. After that....it's off to the bike riding and a ride on the Harley later. We'll check the big screen TV following those festivities.

No family issues, whining kids, bitchy women or "have to's, spostas or gottas" will be tolerated.

Flash

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Whenever I went to Thanksgiving with my family, it was watching football that put me out... I hear soccer is even more boring to watch, but I don't dare try to find out. If it's true, I'll never come out of the coma.

Top Bottom