• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jasper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Ft Worth
    This is a Hopkins & Allen 5-shot, 32 cal I bought from a friend, who's father had bought it at an auction or estate sale. I know very little about these guns, and I have not attempted to shoot it. The hammer folds down to allow single action firing, which I find interesting.

The pistol came with a card, which is in one of the pictures, that says that it belonged to Grace Thornton Luesing, supposedly the first policewoman. The research I was able to do with the help of others actually shows that Grace started working as a telephone operator at the Portland Police Department in 1922. The true first policewoman was probably Lola Baldwin, and her biographer and Grandchildren don't think she ever carried a gun, and accounts from the times show no record of her carrying a weapon either.

Even though it may not be the first policewomans gun, it still has an interesting history around it.

Price: Offer
    Trades: Handguns

Also, if anyone finds anything else out about this gun, I'd love to hear/read it. I've tried to look for Grace Luesing's relatives, but I haven't really found any leads yet. I think it would be cool to reunite the gun with some of its original owners family.

s3000008.jpg

37365623.jpg

98304822.jpg

76153487.jpg

76149299.jpg
    Texas SOT

Jasper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Ft Worth
    Bump. I'm looking for .357's, Llamas, and pretty much anything else old and inexpensive. I have cash to add with trades as well.

Jasper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Ft Worth
    I don't know, somewhere around $60 trade value?

Also, I'm still in the market for a Ruger P85 frame. Been looking since 2008. :banghead:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    The9ine
    Top Bottom