• ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Armed Protesters Rally In Texas, Denied Entry Into State Capitol Building

"That's why we're here. Trying to make people feel more at ease, so they don't feel that way," said Scott Smith, a member of the group Open Carry Texas, which organized the event.

Spectators weren't the only ones made uneasy by the firearms. Members of the group came with their guns loaded, according to KEYE-TV, which at one point prompted troopers stationed at the capitol to ask the protesters to consider removing the magazines from their rifles. They declined, noting that they were within their rights to have live rounds in their weapons.

Later in the day, demonstrators attempted to enter the state capitol building with their guns out. They were turned away by a trooper, who told them that while concealed handguns were permitted inside, their semi-automatic assault rifles weren't.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Armed Protesters Rally In Texas, Denied Entry Into State Capitol Building

"That's why we're here. Trying to make people feel more at ease, so they don't feel that way," said Scott Smith, a member of the group Open Carry Texas, which organized the event.

Spectators weren't the only ones made uneasy by the firearms. Members of the group came with their guns loaded, according to KEYE-TV, which at one point prompted troopers stationed at the capitol to ask the protesters to consider removing the magazines from their rifles. They declined, noting that they were within their rights to have live rounds in their weapons.

Later in the day, demonstrators attempted to enter the state capitol building with their guns out. They were turned away by a trooper, who told them that while concealed handguns were permitted inside, their semi-automatic assault rifles weren't.

Bring a concealed Draco next time.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I don't know - the guy wearing a red-white-blue ski mask was a little over the top. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy...

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Out of respect for the flag I don't think it should be worn.

U.S. Flag Code, Sec . 176

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente

I agree.

I commend them for taking a stand and gathering up to show their support but I wish they would leave all the hyperbole at home. If we want to be taken seriously (or at the very least not give the media ammunition to use against us) then we shouldn't be making caricatures of ourselves. I think donning costumes detracts from the message...

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

U.S. Flag Code, Sec . 176

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free.

I agree. We cringe when we see flag misuse. Sure, it looks fun and wild, but it isn't appropriate.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Am I the only one who can't stand it when I hear it referred to as assault rifle? Just feels like a sucker punch.

I agree.....It bugs the mess out of me. One of my good friends (yes, not all have the same political beliefs I do) was upset about all the "Assault Rifles" not being banned after the Connecticut shooting.

I showed him a picture of my son's Ruger 10/22, which he described as being well within what should be allowed, it was just a "Hunting Rifle." I then showed him a picture of the rifle in a Tapco stock with a red-dot and a 25 round magazine. He said that should be outlawed....Something along the lines of "No one needs to have an fully automatic assault rifle with a banana clip like that."

Told him it was the exact same gun with a different stock. That the "banana clip" can be used on the "hunting" version also, but you can't do much hunting with it, since it is a .22. Also asked why he thought it was full auto, which he stated that he thought all assault rifles like that were. Explained that, while it is legal to posses a fully automatic weapon, they are few and far between and very pricey with tax stamps that must be purchased to allow you to posses the gun.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Both of my in-laws thought that the pistol grip was the source of the "full-auto" capability of the weapon. Goes to show how little most people on that side of the fence know about the subject.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I actually saw these guys. Suffice to say, they all looked quite a bit over the top. Not the kinds of people I want representing me

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah, but I saw really pretty ladies cheering for abortion last week or two at the Capitol. I don't want them representing me either.

ETA: My reply is intended to be flippant. Das Jared, I agree that presentation matters.

Top Bottom