ARJ Defense ad

Army Qualification Targets (AR lovers take a look)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Attached to this post are targets used by the Army for M-16 qualification. We used similar ones in the Air Force, too. I figured you AR guys would especially like these. They are excellent targets for any rifle practice, though.

A few notes: The "Clicks" recommended for sighting in are specific to M-16s/AR-15s. Ignore them if you aren't firing an AR. The rule about enlarging by 200% and placing at 25 meters is still in effect. It's a little hard to do this and have the targets print out correctly on computer paper, so I left them in their original scale. I simply print them out in their original size and place them at 12.5 meters, compensating for perspective. It is important you print these out in "Landscape" mode or the perspective will smoosh inward a little bit.

These were scanned from Boston's Gun Bible. Seeing as how he simply scaled down standard Army targets for his book, I doubt he'll mind. I decided to leave the title, etc. of the book on the scans to get him some free publicity.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Target 1.jpg
      Target 1.jpg
      19.1 KB · Views: 118
    • Target 2.jpg
      Target 2.jpg
      47.9 KB · Views: 122

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm pretty sure you're going to have sight offset differences between 12.5 meters and 25 meters (with an AR, at least). You'll probably see impacts about 2" high (again, with an AR) at that close range, while 25 meters is going to be about dead on. Anything inside about 15 meters is where sight offset is going to come into play.

Thanks for posting. These are different from the sight-in target that I'm used to.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    M. Sage- Good point about the offset. Right now I just use these in my back yard with a scoped, rifled pellet gun, as the shooting laws changed for the worse a few years ago where I live. I'll probably bring some to the SA meetup if I can attend.

desperado8556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Spring
    Never used these before, only used 25 m targets for battlesight zero. Careful if taking these to places like Carter's Country or some other "organized" range like the previous stated, they only allow their own targets to be used, no personally printed ones allowed.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    M. Sage- Good point about the offset. Right now I just use these in my back yard with a scoped, rifled pellet gun, as the shooting laws changed for the worse a few years ago where I live. I'll probably bring some to the SA meetup if I can attend.

I bet they'd work great for that.

Top Bottom