Arrested for unlawful carrying of a weapon but theweapon was in my car not me person

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mpalacios.usmc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    so on 04-20-2013 I was arrested for dwi and unlawful carrying of a weapon but I blew under the legal limit and the weapon was mine and it was in my glove boxed locked up and the still charged me for unlawful carrying of a weapon? is that legal
    Lynx Defense

BJG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Plano, TX
    so on 04-20-2013 I was arrested for dwi and unlawful carrying of a weapon but I blew under the legal limit and the weapon was mine and it was in my glove boxed locked up and the still charged me for unlawful carrying of a weapon? is that legal

Were you officially charged with any other offense besides unlawful carrying of a weapon? Also, do you have any previous criminal convictions or pending charges unrelated to this case? If so, what are they?

Last edited:

mpalacios.usmc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    Possession of drugs while carrying I believe could get you an unlawful carry charge. But I'm not a cop.

see I only had it with me cause I was traveling from san Antonio to austin and I had my uniform with me and weapon just in case I got called into work the next day or if I stayed longer then a day

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ask your lawyer. I'm sorry, but this isn't really what this section is intended for.

If you think you need a better lawyer, I'm sure you could get some suggestions on here...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom