DK Firearms

ARs to avoid, which brands are not worth the money?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What parts?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing and hoping to see an answer.

From all the info I've seen the difference between 5.56 and .223 is negligible. Main difference has to do with Saami specs and lack there of for military ammo.

I'm not one to say DPMS is best of the best, but I tend to put little stock in the word of a 1 post wonder.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Examples?

Me and many others who have ordered in the last couple years have experienced out of spec grip screw holes. DD fixed mine, but many people assume DD can't **** up and blame it on the grip. They end up dremeling the grip to make it fit.

Also, maybe because it was right after SHOT show, but it took them 9 days for their CS lady to contact me and get me an RMA shipping label. It would have been longer had I not emailed a higher up before that. I have no idea why or how SHOT impacted their CS department.

Just to compare, I've had to send a springfield product back twice for two separate issues, and the first time I got my gun back in 8 days from date of shipping, the second time, 10 days. Yes, Springfield is a much larger company, but still. 9 days for a shipping label?

They were also in such a hurry sending back the new built lower they incorrectly staked my castle nut.

Last edited:

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014

First thing I did lol.

Me and many others who have ordered in the last couple years have experienced out of spec grip screw holes. DD fixed mine, but many people assume DD can't $#@! up and blame it on the grip. They end up dremeling the grip to make it fit.

Also, maybe because it was right after SHOT show, but it took them 9 days for their CS lady to contact me and get me an RMA shipping label. It would have been longer had I not emailed a higher up before that. I have no idea why or how SHOT impacted their CS department.

Just to compare, I've had to send a springfield product back twice for two separate issues, and the first time I got my gun back in 8 days from date of shipping, the second time, 10 days. Yes, Springfield is a much larger company, but still. 9 days for a shipping label?

They were also in such a hurry sending back the new built lower they incorrectly staked my castle nut.

This happened after the most recent shot show?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    First thing I did lol.

This happened after the most recent shot show?

Yes. Also, the dimensions of their stock A2 grips differ from the dimensions of other mil spec A2 grips, as if they were made to fit these out of spec lowers and mil spec lowers. Now whether or not this is intentional, I don't know.

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Yes. Also, the dimensions of their stock A2 grips differ from the dimensions of other mil spec A2 grips, as if they were made to fit these out of spec lowers and mil spec lowers. Now whether or not this is intentional, I don't know.

How many of their grips have you checked? How many of them have been recently? I'll check mine in the morning, I'll also see if that grip has any issue fitting on my BCM or Legion rifles.

Last edited:

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    How many of their grips have you checked? How many of them have been recently? I'll check mine in the morning, I'll also see if that grip has any issue fitting on my BCM or Legion rifles.

So far 3 DD A2 grips. They all have widened safety spring detent holes. They will fit other lowers too, apparently, as I said.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Here are pics of a Colt A2 grip on the left, DD grip on the right

ColtGovonleftDDonright_zps2000ddc3.jpg

In this one, DD is on left, Colt is on right

DDonleftColtGovonright_zpsf97c1b32.jpg

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Also there was another thread that was started by a member who also posted in this thread linked below, which had a bunch of members posting about similar problems. He requested it be deleted due to the thread eventually going off topic. The member who posted that thread also had the same problem as me, and sent his rifle in at the same time as I did.

Pistol Grip Replacements?????? - Page 2 - AR15.COM

Last edited:

tXfactor

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2013
    Spring TX
    go with a BCM upper & BCG and you will be Good To Go:machine:

How is that going to fix an out-of-spec lower?

BTW, will an upper come with BCM hat, t-shirt, and stickers so that you can advertise to everyone that you're a BCM nutswinger?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom