• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I can't bear to read what others think about OC.

Wildcat Diva is right.

OC or don't OC, it's up to you in Texas and other states.

If you're an adamant anti-OCer, I really don't care and btw, I do (infrequently) OC when I fill up my vehicles.

It's my business...please, if you are an anti OC type, perhaps you also want to save the whales and hug trees.

Go right ahead, it's your business.

You don't get undue attention by what people can't see. You also can't get a liberal anti-gunner making a 911 call that you brandishing a firearm. It might get expensive to prove that the Liberal is a liar.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    You assume the guy open carrying is an LTC'er. He may just be a guy with a gun. When someone has a displayed handgun, that isn't hunting, or at a range, and is not a LEO/FLEO I assume nothing.
    Force of habit. Looking for weapons, hands, body posture, demeanor. Things that can get you killed. After doing that for almost two decades, it is a force of habit. Animals are predictable. Humans are not. Humans are known to kill just for fun. I wonder before Texas got its concealed carry law, if the guy that hit Lubby's was open carrying. I bet he was. Well, after he rammed his truck into the restaurant. If I walked around in the open with the pistol and 7 mags I currently have on, someone might think that guy with a beard is here to shoot everyone. I put large shirt or a jacket over it, you have no idea. It doesn't create alarm. But I am ready for prolonged fight where ever I go. This burg goes from slow to go bat shit crazy.

Nice quiet town, except for the DUI's. Then it goes full speed when a guy can't handle being dumped by a girlfriend for a County SO and proceeds to riddle the SO vehicle and trailer with 7.62x39 holes. One mistrial and then 99 years in prison.

A guy is in the populated area of downtown pulls a firearm on a guy and tries to rob him. Ironically, they were both armed with .45's one XD and one Glock. The BG pulled the XD, the victim took cover behind his truck and shot the XD wielding BG dead as hell, sprawled out in the grass for G-d and everyone to see. Bear in mind the town proper is about 5k, though you get outlaying towns for the Mallmart.
    So are we to presume you don't like us having guns because it scares you?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    So are we to presume you don't like us having guns because it scares you?

Nope. I do a threat assessment of everyone I encounter. It has nothing to do with fear. It has to do with always being in condition yellow. When you least expect it, it gets red really quick. That makes for a bad day.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    You don't get undue attention by what people can't see. You also can't get a liberal anti-gunner making a 911 call that you brandishing a firearm. It might get expensive to prove that the Liberal is a liar.
    I open carry quite often. Hasn't happened yet.
    Did this happen to you? Me neither.
    Me either.
    Not yet, anyway. It is election season. Honestly, I have found the most dangerous thing to OC in East Texas is a Menorah Polo. I am reminded of that as I am clearing out lunch from where I used to have a left molar.
    If I remember correctly, King Arthur was a champion of justice and the common man.
    Perhaps Chicken Little would be more appropriate. I mean, just because it hasn't happened yet, the sky could fall some day.......

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    I open carried to the Alamo last year. Stainless Springfield 1911 in a Texas flag holster.
    3x2SO5MzzOnlVcvaHPRphtVwkDRyawMW515WQ1gFNZAWp027DoleGNzepjLtwV2Nhvtc3fkvhd8_qn4I70=w1251-h939-no.jpg

sNxIuEpOm4PiPeHoqgrh5uSsYP8Xct6aMZR4_cqPQ4b0cdFfbJ-1VLA9cjU_wflnWko4JuQX_BZMoahaOD=w1251-h938-no.jpg

SdIMOQlE1Jnr9FFuCWshAeq74D1HKCvpfXApCcH5rOFmNh1B8T3r145H8P_vbb6RAmsQixRCWDtOfuUa6Dq=w704-h938-no.jpg

TX3BALiR7fI6nro6KwYxsp38zmNfpDa8v1au73yV0tlozvh_6dF7a1xlCfT7WnGphqboy1ylHqiTn8Z7wFG=w704-h938-no.jpg

Then, because of the 30.07 sign I had to IWB my Beretta Nano to the zoo & Breckenridge park. What a huge difference in comfort. I'll OWB carry that out-dated slab of steel over IWB anything anyday.

Best field trip we've been on yet.

Last edited:

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Well that kinda flies in the face of your earlier statement about criminals OCing. Also one of the reasons OC came about is because of people calling 911 cuz they someone with a holstered firearm which is as you know different than brandishing. Not expensive at all. Tell the officer you are a LTC and show ID if asked. Then ask the officer to call complaintant back and tell him he is a moron.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Have an opinion?

Great!

Just don't preach, lecture or attempt to tell me what I can do, when what I can do is legal.

Ah, unless of course, you think you know all...

Hang on, you're eating a cheeseburger, fries with a milk shake?

Alright, I'm going to tell how bad that is and what you should eat - ah, no, no I'm not.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I open carry quite often. Hasn't happened yet.Me either.If I remember correctly, King Arthur was a champion of justice and the common man.
    Perhaps Chicken Little would be more appropriate. I mean, just because it hasn't happened yet, the sky could fall some day.......

Ah, so, I am magically missing a left molar for wearing a Menorah Polo? It turns out the Farrakhan wannabes in Houston don't really like guys wearing Menorah Polo's. That was the day I decided to accurize my Glock 9mm to driving absolute tacks. Regardless of what I think of their parents, I am not about risk hitting a kid, in a flash mob of fists and kicks. Now, if that ever happens again in Houston, I can shoot the adults in the off switch and not hit a kid. The sad part is the last parting words by one of the parents was, "Just kick him, son."

I guess I am just a "termite". But, this termite carries an accurized 9mm Glock (yes, I remember the 9mm 1911 vs. .45), but it is all about shot placement. A 247 gr 9mm enters an off switch, one isn't going to be throwing a fist anymore.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    Well that kinda flies in the face of your earlier statement about criminals OCing. Also one of the reasons OC came about is because of people calling 911 cuz they someone with a holstered firearm which is as you know different than brandishing. Not expensive at all. Tell the officer you are a LTC and show ID if asked. Then ask the officer to call complaintant back and tell him he is a moron.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Go to Austin OCing, I am certain some large smelly Earth Mother will make a complaint that you drew it and were waiving it around. They would just be following the Waters doctrine. Do whatever the law says you are allowed to do. But, there is also a degree of common sense aspect as well. Fat smelly Earth Mother, can't do anything but give you the stink eye for not wearing tyedye and not having dreads. But, criminals do like to OC and brandish, though that is usually a long arm that most of us wish we could own, but can't since '86.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I open carried to the Alamo last year. Stainless Springfield 1911 in a Texas flag holster.
    View attachment 151820
    View attachment 151821
    View attachment 151822
    View attachment 151823

Then, because of the 30.07 sign I had to IWB my Beretta Nano to the zoo & Breckenridge park. What a huge difference in comfort. I'll OWB carry that out-dated slab of steel over IWB anything anyday.

Best field trip we've been on yet.

I always OWB, I just wear oversized clothes.

Top Bottom