• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Got an alert from Capital One that they found my name, phone number, home address, email on dark web. I'm sure it was from AT&T breach cause ex wife's phone number she had when she was on account was on there too.

I'm frozen on the 3 credit bureaus, so hopefully I'm ok. But just in case, passwords for emails/Google/credit cards, etc., got changed (I always use unique passwords for everything), passcode for AT&T account too.

If you are, or were, on AT&T, heads up, suggest you freeze if you aren't already.

I take so many precautions with my info, I even rip out any identifying info from mailings before chucking in the recycle. But these clown companies keep leaking my shit. Equifax, USPS, etc. Now these clowns.

SMH
    Texas SOT

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Even things you never put online are leaked. It's often not your fault, rather data breaches because someone at the company put their database in the publicly accessible cloud but failed to properly secure it. Or a company using a 3rd party provider that leaked credentials. Or any other number of human failures outside of your control.

I don't want to downplay the importance of having good practices protecting your information. But when it comes to hackers stealing your info, it's more lucrative to steal yours and 10 million others at the same time.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Even things you never put online are leaked. It's often not your fault, rather data breaches because someone at the company put their database in the publicly accessible cloud but failed to properly secure it. Or a company using a 3rd party provider that leaked credentials. Or any other number of human failures outside of your control.

I don't want to downplay the importance of having good practices protecting your information. But when it comes to hackers stealing your info, it's more lucrative to steal yours and 10 million others at the same time.
    I've always said technology is evil

Just think 30 years ago if someone wanted your $$$$ they'd have to stick a gun in your face or rob a bank.... nowadays they just hack your account & it's gone.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Many times the parent company just outright sells the database to highest bidder, then claims breach to cover the trail.

There are readily available usage tools to tell when a DB is being querried excessively and *.* is being hoovered, making those drives spin for hour or 2.

Enjoy your free 6 months subscription of identity theft monitoring service.

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    For those that got emails offering experian credit monitoring with an activation code, did y’all sign up?

I contacted att, they said my account wasn’t affected but everyone got this email, I don’t trust emails with links and really did not trust typing in all the requested info so I havnt done so yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I got my email today as well. My info has been leaked so many times already, it's not likely to change anything. I've already got my accounts on a pretty tight leash and have monitoring in place so I didn't sign up with their link.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I was on the list too. I dumped them a while back, maybe 7-8 years ago so any credit cards they had on file are gone.

This is the exact reason I will not do the automatic draft from my bank acct for any bills. It’s also the very reason I will not use the plaid service for transfers. No way am I going to log into my bank acct using a third party site.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I was on the list too. I dumped them a while back, maybe 7-8 years ago so any credit cards they had on file are gone.

This is the exact reason I will not do the automatic draft from my bank acct for any bills. It’s also the very reason I will not use the plaid service for transfers. No way am I going to log into my bank acct using a third party site.
    Yep. Nobody drafts on my bank account.

Top Bottom