• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I currently have TW triple play - TV, phone and internet - and am considering switching to AT&T based on the monthly cost. AT&T will be about $30 a month less. With AT&T, the TV and phone are directly comparable, but AT&T internet is slower (6mg vs 100mg); however, I am not a heavy data user (web browsing, email and occasional download of PDF files from web sites).

Are they equally evil? I have come to hate TW's price increases for long time customers, and their stupid CSRs, but AT&T may be no better. My TW products do work, which is important to me, I will say that for them, but hear mixed reviews on Direct TV.

Anybody have experience with both of them? What say you? I know some are going to recommend cutting the cord altogether but I am too old of a dog to learn new tricks.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

nlghthawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    San Antonio
    I Just went through this. I got a bill for 200 and I said screw it, I had the triple play as well and decided to go down to just cable only. I went from 200 to 55 a month and I added DirecTV Now for 35 a month and for an extra 5 I got hbo and have hbo go added. I also got digital antennas and I get all of the local channels that come in perfectly. All I kept was Data from Spectrum. I will say they DONT want to lose you and will get annoyed if you insist on cancelling. They will also offer some heavy promotional discounts but those only last for 1 year so be careful.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    DTV will also be more than 35 bucks after the first year and even more after your 2nd year ends.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I will say they DONT want to lose you and will get annoyed if you insist on cancelling. They will also offer some heavy promotional discounts but those only last for 1 year so be careful.

Thank for your reply. Yes, I have played that game numerous times but this time am hitting a brick wall as they are calling my bluff.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Get a Roku and can the paid TV all together, just use your netflix and if you got Amazon Prime, use those two for movies.

This! I cut the cord years back when they screwed me on some promotion. I have an attic antenna for local channels and Roku boxes on all the TVs. Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix. Saves me a fortune. Use a junk email address to get on the Redbox promotions. Redbox sends me a weekly coupon and all I pay is 27 cents for a movie if they have anything to watch.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Its nice to be able to get local channels with an antenna out in the sticks its not an option. I think last time I tried I got 3-4 stations and they were all in Spanish.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    They are equally bad. Don't piss one off or you will not be able to use the other one for leverage.
    At&t charged me $10.00 for exceeding my data cap. I called them and told them to credit that back or lose me as a customer. I told them if I get another data cap charge, there are a few vendors that would like my business.
    I never had another problem.

Top Bottom