• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I wonder, how many crimes are committed each year using silencers? Using fake silencers (oil filters, "solvent traps", whatever)? Mind you, my sympathy with the guys who bought that stuff is very limited, as they knew damn well what they were trying to circumvent and they knew - or should have known - that these folks have no sense of humor.

I dunno, maybe there should be a priority list where stuff like murders, arson, drug smuggling, rape, child molestation, sex trafficking, and terrorism could be at the top and stuff that doesn't actually register as a problem could be at the bottom and the government could get the priority stuff done and leave everything else until that's completed.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I wonder, how many crimes are committed each year using silencers? Using fake silencers (oil filters, "solvent traps", whatever)? Mind you, my sympathy with the guys who bought that stuff is very limited, as they knew damn well what they were trying to circumvent and they knew - or should have known - that these folks have no sense of humor.

I dunno, maybe there should be a priority list where stuff like murders, arson, drug smuggling, rape, child molestation, sex trafficking, and terrorism could be at the top and stuff that doesn't actually register as a problem could be at the bottom and the government could get the priority stuff done and leave everything else until that's completed.
    Back when Don Jr was pushing the silencer bill they stated that the FBIs own data said very few crimes were committed with silencers

If you read the history of how they became illegal it was during the depression Era when people were poaching for food mainly.

It's total bullshit we can't put or build anything we want on our guns..in Great Britain at some gun clubs when you go shooting you are almost looked down upon if you don't have a silencer

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    How would they know who bought a solvent trap?
    Even more incredible, how would they know who is attaching an oil filter?
    Are they just going on anonymous tips?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    How would they know who bought a solvent trap?
    Even more incredible, how would they know who is attaching an oil filter?
    Are they just going on anonymous tips?

There was something about this last year. A company called Diversified Machine caught ATF’s eye on solvent traps.

IIRC, there’s also been some F1 newbies gathering and assembling parts for the measurements needed on the F1 before actually submitting the F1 and getting the stamp back.

ETA: the TFB post mentions ATF FedEx’ing the letter. I don’t know of any federal agency that uses FedEx or UPS in that manner. USPS first class or certified is the USG’s preferred (or possibly mandated) delivery service.

John Galt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    There is a video out there of a guy that builds bad ass diesel trucks. He did a video of the different fuel filters and their pros and cons. A few days later he gets a visit from the ATF because he bought so many filters. His big question was how did the ATF know he was buying filters.

I posted a link to that video a while back but don't feel up to searching for it.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    There is a video out there of a guy that builds bad ass diesel trucks. He did a video of the different fuel filters and their pros and cons. A few days later he gets a visit from the ATF because he bought so many filters. His big question was how did the ATF know he was buying filters.

I posted a link to that video a while back but don't feel up to searching for it.

Naturally, NSA / CIA / whatever other feebs monitoring all internet activity and setting flags for this that and the other thing. Nothing is private. They've even cracked the Tor browser, so deepweb activity isn't even "safe" - you can't trust VPN services either, because most VPN's still track your traffic and identifiable data, and will even sell your personal data. Only a handful of them out there that don't.

Sam75022

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    texas
    I'll be patiently waiting for them to show up, with all three of my Tax stamps in hand, and a big F**K You for them!
    Looks like if you bought from certain vendors who was not blessed to produce by ATF (form 1s) initially they can confiscate. If bought via form 4, it’s okay. ATF logic.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    If a person was dumb enough to not use cash with those vendors and a booth that did not have cameras, what did they expect? I remember when these booths started popping up at smaller shows and people lined up to use a credit card. Dumb ass 1, dumb ass 2, dumb ass 3.

The law wants the BATF to not track us...They don't follow that law. I'm telling you guys, they don't.

Top Bottom