• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    Trying to decide between a YHM Turbo K or spend a bit more for a Dead Air Sierra. I’d like a dedicated 5.56 can.
    You're speaking my language. I've come to the same issue for a 5.56 can. I'd also throw the SiCo Saker in the mix. YHM has the cost effectiveness and can be used with an ASR mount, Dead Air is a bit more expensive and has the better CS, and SiCo is the middle ground I think. My biggest consideration is that I'm already running ASR muzzle devices so whatever I go with needs to be able to utilize that system.

Let me know what you go with.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    You're speaking my language. I've come to the same issue for a 5.56 can. I'd also throw the SiCo Saker in the mix. YHM has the cost effectiveness and can be used with an ASR mount, Dead Air is a bit more expensive and has the better CS, and SiCo is the middle ground I think. My biggest consideration is that I'm already running ASR muzzle devices so whatever I go with needs to be able to utilize that system.

Let me know what you go with.
    I’m still trying to do research and I’m learning that different mounts have an effect on gas blowback. The main host has an A5 buffer, adjustable gas block and charging handle specific to eliminating blowback so I might not need to stress too much about gas in the face.

My biggest issue is freeing up the funds currently.

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    I’m still trying to do research and I’m learning that different mounts have an effect on gas blowback. The main host has an A5 buffer, adjustable gas block and charging handle specific to eliminating blowback so I might not need to stress too much about gas in the face.

My biggest issue is freeing up the funds currently.
    I haven't heard that about the mounts themselves. I don't run an adjustable gas block on anything and just went with H2 buffers instead. For the way I shoot, it's fine. I get good accuracy with tolerable blowback on the gas guns all of which are running brakes. I've got a couple different charging handles mostly just to get rid of the milspec because they're ugly.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Alright - Done. The gent at the LGS advised he's seeing just about six months. So Jan or Feb I hope. @baboon - got me off my a$&. Gracias.
    I picked my Omega 36m and Sig SRD22 up today. I had my 1.5 year old with me and she was such a little pain in the butt that she blocked me from impulse buying another suppressor and a Colt Gold Cup...

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Alright - Done. The gent at the LGS advised he's seeing just about six months. So Jan or Feb I hope. @baboon - got me off my a$&. Gracias.

Hopefully we don't go past the 6 months that it is taking now. But I have a feeling it's going to be back to a years waits. The AFT is still processing February's Efiles as we speak.

I did a Efile on May 4th, if 90 days was true I'd be in possession right now. If we stick with the 6 month trend I'm hoping October, but since it has taken 6 months to process 2 months of sales I'm guessing December would be realistic.

I have tend to see that multiple stamps by an individual have come back faster than just one stamp.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I picked my Omega 36m and Sig SRD22 up today. I had my 1.5 year old with me and she was such a little pain in the butt that she blocked me from impulse buying another suppressor and a Colt Gold Cup...

What was your wait time for the 2?

Shorter than 14 months?

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Just bought that 46m today. Strange process with that kiosk and the store I was at. Went quick and smooth, but felt odd for some reason. Said I have to wait until next week to certify or something, then the wait time starts with DocuSign, huh? Maybe I'm just misremembering how it was done for my first can and paper filing. 6 Months from today will be February. Silencershop says eForm 4 individual times are 160-180 days, with the median being 168.

I imagine they have one agent who is know for being a screw-up and they stick him in a little office with no windows and fluorescent lights that constantly flicker but to be nice gave him a radio that only plays NPR or Spanish church sermons. The other agents come in dropping off boxes of more forms to approve, and the computer he uses has a sticky keyboard and a dim screen to review and approve forms. Poor guy.

Anyone know how many NFA items are even gone through per month?

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    It's DocuSign, then certify, submit, and wait.
    Blegh, so the clock hasn't even started for me! Just got a text message from the gun store; they send the receipt confirming the model and serial, then what you just said. When I finally convinced myself to do this a few months ago I was hoping to have it for my birthday or xmas this year. Oh well, looks like it'll be close to valentine's for me.

Top Bottom