Venture Surplus ad

ATF Reclassifies Wetted Nitrocellulose as Explosive Materials Under Federal Laws

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    At this point I'm just convinced there's a bunch of bored folks sitting in offices needing to justify their government salaries.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    At this point I'm just convinced there's a bunch of bored folks sitting in offices needing to justify their government salaries.

No. If they've got offices, they've got enough seniority they're not scared of getting fired and could care less about justifying why they take home a paycheck.

I know one that retired from working for HUD that has cussed President W loudly, to all who would listen because he implemented a policy where she could no longer access ebay from her government computer while at work. She actually used to spend 7 hours a day buying and selling junk on ebay while at work and thought it was unreasonable that the government would no longer let her do that.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Tax bills, or any other kind, are hard enough to get through congress. Why bother whe they can eliminate ammo without congressional approval?
    I need more primers and bullets.......
    sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just imagine what will happen of Hillary gets in office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    No. If they've got offices, they've got enough seniority they're not scared of getting fired and could care less about justifying why they take home a paycheck.

I know one that retired from working for HUD that has cussed President W loudly, to all who would listen because he implemented a policy where she could no longer access ebay from her government computer while at work. She actually used to spend 7 hours a day buying and selling junk on ebay while at work and thought it was unreasonable that the government would no longer let her do that.

Feds don't get fired. I learned that here.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    [h=2]Smokeless propellant components[/h]The propellant formulations may contain various energetic and auxiliary components:

• Propellants:
      • Nitrocellulose, an energetic component of most smokeless propellants[SUP][24][/SUP]
      • Nitroglycerin, an energetic component of double-base and triple-base formulations[SUP][24][/SUP]
      • Nitroguanidine, a component of triple-base formulations[SUP][24][/SUP]
      • DINA (bis-nitroxyethylnitramine)[SUP][25][/SUP]
      • Fivonite (tetramethylolcyclopentanone tetranitrate)[SUP][25][/SUP]
      • DGN (di-ethylene glycol dinitrate)[SUP][26][/SUP]
      • Acetyl cellulose[SUP][27][/SUP]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokeless_powder#Smokeless_propellant_components

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Feds don't get fired. I learned that here.
    Then you learned wrong. I've seen many feds fired, frogmarched out in handcuffs, forced to retire, etc. Feds, unlike the private sector, don't get fired on a baseless whim but they definitely do get fired.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Text to above link.....

Nitrocellulose Update

ATF’s June 2016 Explosives Industry Newsletter included a brief discussion of Nitrocellulose,
    and attempted to clarify the circumstances under which wetted Nitrocellulose is considered a
    high explosive under 27 CFR, Part 555. As with all explosives, ATF’s
    focus is on the potential public safety risks associated with materials that can be misused or diverted to unlawful
    purposes. Subsequent contact from industry members who import, transport, store or employ
    wetted Nitrocellulose in the production of ammunition, however, has brought to our attention
    issues that were not fully addressed in the Newsletter and require further consultation and
    consideration with the industry. Accordingly, ATF has and will conduct further industry
    outreach concerning wetted Nitrocellulose. In the interim, previously authorized industry
    practices concerning wetted Nitrocellulose will not be affected

Hone

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    It's an election year, someone will step up and say "I WILL DEFUND YOUR SORRY #$!" in order to earn votes and the ATF will back off.

Top Bottom