Join TexasGunTalk

Attitudes, or "Vote For Me Or I'll Kill You"

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by benenglish, Nov 18, 2018.

1. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This is a pretty chilling Twitter exchange.

So you know where he's coming from, Swalwell is one of those crazy leftists that Tucker Carlson has on when he needs an easy target. Even though he referred to the use of nukes against gun owners to enforce an assault weapons ban, I think everyone understands that what he meant was that the government has lots of ways to force confiscation. However, I feel he crossed a line. In my interpretation, he revealed his true beliefs; he revealed that he feels the government would be justified in using overwhelming deadly force to confiscate guns.

His kind of thinking will get good people killed on all sides of the issue. Yes, he tried to walk it back almost immediately by calling the people who recoiled from his comments "dramatic" but the damage was done. I really hope his presidential aspirations died right there.

If not, I suppose his campaign slogan could be:

Swalwell 2024 - Vote For Me Or I'll Kill You

2. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Cruise Control

Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Forceful confiscation will definitely lead to dark times.

He's huffing and puffing. Hustling to keep his job. He's gonna say all the CrAzy $hit he needs to, in order to keep his job.

He's misguided at best.

308nato, FireInTheWire and Sam7sf like this.
  3. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Many of his kind believe what he said. They have as much as said it. They just dance around it more than him.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

308nato likes this.
  4. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce Well-Known

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    There’ll be a reckoning all right.

ekim likes this.
  5. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Apr 13, 2018
    Bedford
    Nothing new Ben. Some pretty crazy people out there willing to turn a blind eye to hypocrisy. If more people used that brain of theirs to process rational thoughts, they would not give lunatics like this a single vote. Cause gun control is about saving lives right? That’s why we take lives to reach our agenda. Instant loss of argument!

Hitler would agree with him.

FireInTheWire and ekim like this.
  6. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce Well-Known

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    While flippant in my post, at some point free speech crosses the line. I believe politicians should be held to a higher standard.

I also believe if such a mandatory buy back were to be enacted, it would go to the Supreme Court.

I don’t want to take my chances with a bill such as this, but I believe it would be ruled narrowly unconstitutional only in the mandatory sense. It would be hard to justify what is essentially eminent domain philosophy with respect to the Bill of Rights.

jordanmills and Dad_Roman like this.
  7. Bithabus

Bithabus ! TGT Supporter

Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Many leftists hate us and wish we were dead.

deemus likes this.
  8. ekim

ekim Member

Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    The leftist keep talking like they are and they may get more than talk in return.

9. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    His remark in that he is pointing out that the USA (government) isn't losing to an AR15 (this isn't the 18th century) shows his willingness of taking so called "assault weapons" by force.

Hitler at least tried to tell people that he would protect the people, therefore the people don't need firearms, yet most everyone agrees that he ruled through tyranny.

10. deemus

deemus TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Do you have a reference on Hitler taking guns? I've looked but didn't find direct info. I was sure he did, but looked after an argument with a relative, but could not find it? Would love a source on this.

FireInTheWire and jordanmills like this.