• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    if anyone he should sue to movie theater for not having adequate security or ALLOWING THE REAR ENTRANCE TO BE OPENED WITHOUT the Fire Exit alarm sounding. Thats my only issue.

Warner Bros, NO. They have nothing to do with it. Facility where it took place does IMO

Correct doors that sounded would have done more than nothing in this situation.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Warner brothers has more money than the theater or the asshole who actually is responsible. Thats life. Welcome to the present day litigation in America.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Agreed. I do wonder why almost NO theaters utilize what is posted on ALL of the doors at the exit. Alarm will sound. Anyone think this might have detered the situation. My hand is halfway up. Only half way though. Of course we can then say that if it would have sounded the BG would have known it would have and found a alternate means of entering.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Had to google that one. So understandable and I do agree. These people go to places that they know have a reduced # of people that have the ability to fight back.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    if anyone he should sue to movie theater for not having adequate security or ALLOWING THE REAR ENTRANCE TO BE OPENED WITHOUT the Fire Exit alarm sounding. Thats my only issue.

Correct doors that sounded would have done more than nothing in this situation.

Those were normal exit doors, thus an alarm would be going off after every movie when the patrons exited them.

As for security, care to elaborate? How much security do we need, and where? Armed guards in every public place? Hell, that sounds like El Salvador when I was down there earlier this year. And guess what, security is there to protect the property and employees; not the customers.

No, as TXI stated the one person responsible for this tragedy is the one that should be held liable. Warner Brothers should only get sued if their movies suck!

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Where did you find the info on the type of doors they exited. Movies I have been to my whole life you cannot exit out the doors in the theater.

I dont think I have ever exited out the actual theater, always have to walk out into the hall and then there would be a side door exit or rear exit but not where the movie was shown. This is where he came in at correct?

Remember when we were younger sneaking into the movies via the side door or sometimes a rear door would be propped open by someone. Yeah, they dont do that no more. lol

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Well liberals get what they ask for... If they want to make everyone into a victim, they can't be surprised when they ask for legal recognition of their victim status(along with a nice fat money judgment to make me feel like less of a victim).

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Were keeping him alive to torture his ass and then in 30 years they will kill him off. Its been since 1979 since they have executed

DannyT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Tyler
    Ive been to several theaters where there are exits that are not fire doors. Mall attached theaters generally have them as well.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    INSIde where the movie is playing. Thats where he came in and out from. From where the actual movie was played. ??

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Where did you find the info on the type of doors they exited. Movies I have been to my whole life you cannot exit out the doors in the theater.

I dont think I have ever exited out the actual theater, always have to walk out into the hall and then there would be a side door exit or rear exit but not where the movie was shown. This is where he came in at correct?

Remember when we were younger sneaking into the movies via the side door or sometimes a rear door would be propped open by someone. Yeah, they dont do that no more. lol

I've grew up with the exact opposite. We would always park out back to get out quicker, now I'm going back 30 years or so, so I guess things did change.. to be honest haven't been to a theater in about 3 years, next time I'll have to check that out.

As to the OP.. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first of many lawsuits we see.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Yeah like I said earlier in the thread, that use to be out best source to get into the movies(the back). I think we are getting which doors confused though. Not me and u but above in post

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Sueing everyone seems to be the American way these days.....what a bunch of BS.

I also have to blame some lawyers and judges that let this shit happen.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Some of the theaters here in San Antonio have unalarmed exits. I have seen a lot of people going out one of the theaters here with no alarms going off.

Top Bottom