• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBagger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    Austin Area
    Looking to get into reloading to extend the hobby a bit and share the knowledge with my son and hopefully daughter. I've read plenty of info on reloading, father inlaw and brother in law are heavy into reloading but out of state. Safety first is the most important thing I have taken from everything I have read. I can appreciate SOP and policy and procedure.
    Are there any of you that get together and talk shop or reload together? I want to get into the hobby and possibly looking for some folks to bounce that "what if" scenario or just good trade secrets. Bench set ups, best places to order local, online you get the idea.
    Mainly looking at 9mm and .223 at this point but if you reload something else the tips are always helpful.
    ARJ Defense ad

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Well if you look down on the forum posts, myself, and another guy are trying to get a group buy on powder for .223, it has the same load data as h335 hodgon, but it is mil-surp. It cost $85 for 8lbs compared to $25 a lb, or $140-160 per 8 at cabelas or anywhere else. If we can order 4 jugs we get free hazmat, and we all split shipping 4 ways.

So if you can drop $90+ then we could make an order.

I don't do any reloading groups or anything like that but I have been at it since about 2004 myself, so I do know ways of saving money, and time. I have loaded a lot of calibers but as of know I only do 9,.223,.308, & 300wsm and I know how to load bulk, vs Accurate precision.

Let me know if you want to get in on the group buy.

**edit** and yes I have lines on cheap reloading spots for 9 & .223 also

smokey1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Austin,TX
    I have some .223 powder and other reloading equipment that is being sold off shortly. When I get pictures and the list together I will post in the for sale forum.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Buy in bulk online or piggyback with other people's orders to save money. I have plans for the bench I currently used, setup for standing, pretty solid design and on the 3rd revision now. Be happy to bounce ideas around, have experimented with quite a few setups and tools, only keep the ones that work well for my line. Don't forget that there is a reloading topic on this forum.

Top Bottom