Austin cuts police budget.

busykngt

TGT Addict
Jun 14, 2011
McKinney
Dallas hurt themselves badly a year or two ago when it was revealed the police pension fund was just about insolvent. Lots of guys retired pretty quickly then (wanting to lock-in whatever pension money was left). And of course, the Chief's position has always been a strictly political one. Putting political correctness above any other consideration.

mdf9183

Jun 15, 2018
Bastrop
While they were cutting the police budget they also put a transportation bond proposal for the Nov. ballot to raise property taxes 8.75 % and I bet it will get approved by the voters. Then they will bitch about high property taxes. They will probably also bitch about higher insurance premiums because the don"t provide police services.

Coop45

Well-Known
Feb 9, 2012
texas
I envision “Escape from Austin” as the next trilogy behind NY & LA. Matthew McConaughey as Snake Plisskin riding Bevo naked down 6th street with an army of homeless walking behind him begging for change while the song what a wonderful world plays in the background.
How about another song by Satchmo....
Swing Low, Sweet Chariot

dsgrey

Oct 25, 2015
Denton County
This will be an interesting liberal experiment. Glad I have no plans to visit soon.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members