• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I love how so many "Diehard Texans" are willing to give up on the capital of the greatest state in the nation. Y'all aren't Texans if your willing to give up the Capital so easily. Stay safe in your town until it effects you. Bunch of pansies if you ask me. No wonder Texas is turning blue. The fight ain't over yet so put down your white flags.

For someone who is not eligible to participate in the Austin election, what can be done to affect change?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    While they were cutting the police budget they also put a transportation bond proposal for the Nov. ballot to raise property taxes 8.75 % and I bet it will get approved by the voters. Then they will bitch about high property taxes. They will probably also bitch about higher insurance premiums because the don"t provide police services.

Austin has always been a town of "new people".
    Every year hundreds if not thousands more there.
    Used to be mainly for the University.
    Now its still for the Univ and the high tech jobs.
    Its a town made up of a shit ton of younger renters.
    Typically a young have nothing politically naive libtard.
    They can not comprehend the entire Rent is so damn high because the city.gov makes it so expensive to own property there thing.
    That's why most normies learn to GTFO of Austin proper.
    The bureaucracy to open a business there is beyond stupid.
    These dumb libtards vote in Libtard pols thinking they'll make things better but all the pols can do is steal from the property and business owners. Hence driving up costs for non property owners and property owners alike.
    It's hopeless.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    For someone who is not eligible to participate in the Austin election, what can be done to affect change?
    Every little thing helps and I know you are active in the fight. I've read your letters in the past. My comment is not directed at any one individual, but to the community. I see a lots of hope shattered and words of failure among all of us. While I wish I had the answer for you all, all I can say is please never surrender or give up.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Donate to conservative candidates.
    Even if they don't affect you directly, it does affect the State as a whole. Look at NY. NYC largely controls the State. What it wants, the rest of the State gets.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    This will be an interesting liberal experiment. Glad I have no plans to visit soon.

I thought an experiment was something you did to see what would happen. That’s not the case here.

What’s it called when you do something even though you KNOW what will happen?

This isn’t so much about the police. It’s about tearing down the structure of our society through anarchy.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Every little thing helps and I know you are active in the fight. I've read your letters in the past. My comment is not directed at any one individual, but to the community. I see a lots of hope shattered and words of failure among all of us. While I wish I had the answer for you all, all I can say is please never surrender or give up.

I’m not surrendering or giving up. Enough candidates have to run...there’s 10 district seats which means six are going to be needed to make change happen. In ‘18, one district had an unopposed candidate. The filing deadline for seats that are up for grabs (D2, 4, 6, 7, 10) is Monday and we’ll see what the slates look like then, but even if all those seats are taken by conservatives, it’s not a majority.

Then there’s the mayor and the city manager (unelected) that have to swing, too. I’d love to fund every local, state, and federal conservative candidate in Texas but that’s just not fiscally possible for me.

2018 was a big year for the council up there; like all good communists, they put together a five year plan, complete with ‘metrics based outcomes’.

mdf9183

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2018
    Bastrop
    I think in the next legislature you may see some effort to make the APD a state org. since it is the state capitol. I don't know how successful that will be. Having spent 30 years with that PD it is a shame what is happening to it, at one time it was one othe finest in the state.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So it looks like Governor Dip Shit is going to use DPS resources to help Austin. This of course means those that were previously getting those DPS resources will now go without.

EfV7HgRXkAEe4UN.jpg

Rango

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2019
    Aledo, TX
    You are one huge optimist. People will get hurt and the weak-minded voters of Austin STILL will not get it. Except, maybe, the ones who get hurt.

Saddly you may be right... Likely the first to be hurt will be the Boys (and Girls) in Blue trying to do right without the support of the "people" of Austin or their City Council. Sad times. My guess is Officers there are refreshing their Resumes and getting ready to move on... You never hear about it on the evening news but some of the departments that have had issues are hemorrhaging officers. LE has always been a dangerous, thankless job... I didn't think it could get worse, I was overly optimistic.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    While they were cutting the police budget they also put a transportation bond proposal for the Nov. ballot to raise property taxes 8.75 % and I bet it will get approved by the voters. Then they will bitch about high property taxes. They will probably also bitch about higher insurance premiums because the don"t provide police services.
    LOL. I hadn't even thought about all the different types of insurances that will increase. I bet most of the leftists hadn't thought of it either.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Y'all figure out how to garner the support I'll volunteer to run for city council. I'm tired of all the douche baggery. Not sure how much use I would be with the rest of the council being dems though.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    We've already seen in CA and NY the explosion of homeless taking over streets, doing drugs, leaving trash, and businesses packing up and leaving. That will be Austin sooner rather than later.

Sales tax is already capped, and now property tax hikes are capped too, except for rental properties. And who's going to pay astronomical rent prices when cars are getting broken into every night and apartments every day and the police won't respond because they don't have the budget.

And most of Austin is unarmed and anti-gun, so I'm sure it will go well for them. Perhaps they'll put up some signs or something.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I think in the next legislature you may see some effort to make the APD a state org. since it is the state capitol. I don't know how successful that will be. Having spent 30 years with that PD it is a shame what is happening to it, at one time it was one othe finest in the state.
    mdf9183,

It would take little effort to RIP OFF the Austin PD patches & replace them with Texas DPS patches & then issue them new 5-pointed star ,badges, with Texas Capitol Area Police.
    OR
    Traditionalist that I am, "double-swear" the current APD officers as SPECIAL RANGERS & put the force under our RANGER SERVICE.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

yours, satx

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    mdf9183,

It would take little effort to RIP OFF the Austin PD patches & replace them with Texas DPS patches & then issue them new 5-pointed star ,badges, with Texas Capitol Area Police.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

yours, satx
    I guess the city council and mayor don’t realize they’ll have no control over the police then.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I guess the city council and mayor don’t realize they’ll have no control over the police then.

TxStetson,

Note my change to POSSIBLY making the APD officers SPECIAL RANGERS, under the supervision of our RANGER SERVICE.
    (Fwiw, I was once, LONG AGO, "double-sworn" as a SPECIAL DEPUTY US MARSHAL, when I worked for another LE agency - That worked out FINE.).

yours, satx

Top Bottom