• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    The Liberty Gun shows for New Braunsfel was cancelled this weekend. It looks like they cancelled them all.

Has anyone went to the Austin Hwy Gun show that is also this weekend. I have only been to that one a couple of times and it has been pretty crappy.
    Hurley's Gold

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I went the last time they had it. I have never been before that. I bought A cheap knockoff otf knife for the heck of it. It entertained me for a couple of hours. Lots of junk, polymer pistols and ar stuff. Not my thing.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I honestly cannot see how anyone could spend "a couple of hours" at the Austin Highway Gun Show. Last time we went, we were hard pressed to spend half an hour there, and we walked the place twice.

Essentially, since Premier stopped hosting shows in San Antonio we've been stuck with SAXET. It's not a bad show, but there's a fair amount of non-gun vendors and rarely does anything new show up. In fact, we've noticed a decrease in some of the usual vendors. I think the "motivation" that existed under the Obama administration has reduced, and the panic that was occurring after such events as what happened in Santa Fe this past week has reduced markedly.

We used to be regular attendees of gun shows, but these days if we make it to more than three a year it's a miracle. The tide has ebbed from the days when Premier was at its prime, the glory days of 1000+ tables are gone. Online sales are biting gun shows (and shops) in the ass, and a finicky attendee base hasn't helped. Of course, local governments do their best to quash the practice, Bexar County doubled the price of parking for shows at their venues and Austin has pretty much run every show out of that town.

Luckily for me, I've transitioned to another hobby that empties my wallet; but I do miss the hey day of large gun shows around the Alamo City. What's left (SAXET, Austin Highway, Liberty and Texas Gun Shows if you're willing to drive) aren't worth the hassle or money. We'll still go on occasion, but that will be more out of boredom and nothing else to do than desire. Sad, but that's just how things are...

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom