• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Does anyone know a gun friendly machine shop in Austin? Although I have found a great guy that threads ar-15-10 barrels for an awesome price I still have a lot of work on other projects that I am not willing to pay $100 for 5 mins on a lathe. If anyone here works for a machine shop or knows of one that is willing to do gun parts we should make it known and start putting our machining needs there. Threading a bolt to accept a tactical knob does not take 10thousandths of an inch precision, a 3 months wait, or $125 to get the job done...

just thinking out loud here.. Thanks, Jeremy.

ALSO- Does anyone in austin have access to an ultra sonic cleaner that is large enough to drop a m4-2000 in? My can is pretty dirty and I need to get her clean :)
    Lynx Defense

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I go to Alex at Dreadnaught industries now. He's in SA but does great work and little or no wait. $20 to thread a barrel.

bono79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    austin
    there is a guy in austin i send my rifle to get threaded roberts gun shop he is chargin me $65 not a bad deal - check him out phone #512-453-5842

bono79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    austin
    this guy i tryed to use he is a moron i would not go to him i thought that he may be the right guy but he has no clue about anything

GlockandRoll

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    If I found someone willing to thread my BBL for only $20, I probably wouldn't want them to do it. It's a LOT more than 5mins work, take it from someone who has operated a lathe and taken gunsmiths courses at the NRA summer program. I'm happy to pay $100 for quality thread work, but then again, shooting suppressors, it has to be concentric to the bore.

Top Bottom