• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Does anyone know a gun friendly machine shop in Austin? Although I have found a great guy that threads ar-15-10 barrels for an awesome price I still have a lot of work on other projects that I am not willing to pay $100 for 5 mins on a lathe. If anyone here works for a machine shop or knows of one that is willing to do gun parts we should make it known and start putting our machining needs there. Threading a bolt to accept a tactical knob does not take 10thousandths of an inch precision, a 3 months wait, or $125 to get the job done...

just thinking out loud here.. Thanks, Jeremy.

ALSO- Does anyone in austin have access to an ultra sonic cleaner that is large enough to drop a m4-2000 in? My can is pretty dirty and I need to get her clean :)
    Target Sports

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I go to Alex at Dreadnaught industries now. He's in SA but does great work and little or no wait. $20 to thread a barrel.

bono79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    austin
    there is a guy in austin i send my rifle to get threaded roberts gun shop he is chargin me $65 not a bad deal - check him out phone #512-453-5842

bono79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    austin
    this guy i tryed to use he is a moron i would not go to him i thought that he may be the right guy but he has no clue about anything

GlockandRoll

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    If I found someone willing to thread my BBL for only $20, I probably wouldn't want them to do it. It's a LOT more than 5mins work, take it from someone who has operated a lathe and taken gunsmiths courses at the NRA summer program. I'm happy to pay $100 for quality thread work, but then again, shooting suppressors, it has to be concentric to the bore.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robertmb3
    Top Bottom