Capitol Armory ad

Austin Police Chief - I knew he was bad, but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    My concern is that the rest of APD cannot go on and post their views, along with their rank at APD.. that would violate policy. Unfortunately the big wigs can speak what they want. There are many good APD officers that are very pro 2nd amendment.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Acevedo comes from Southern California. I believe he was a deputy chief with the CHP. It's politicians like him that made me leave SoCal.

Austin's a great city. Too bad there are too many people of his ideology there.

In my experience, his attitude is typical of police officers in CA.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    In my experience, his attitude is typical of police officers in CA.

What is your experience with police officers in CA? He was an administrator for the highway patrol. The CHP patrols the freeways and highways and does mostly traffic related enforcement, speed, dui, ect. He was not a city street cop and his anti 2nd amendment beliefs do not reflect any of my former partners in CA. I don't want to throw all the CHP into his mix as I worked many county areas with the CHP and they were great officers that also were not anti 2nd amendment.

People in Austin need to wake up. Acevedo gets blamed for everything. Austin wants to have a small city "keep it weird" mentality. Austin is a big city and in big cities stuff happens. I l love driving through east Austin and seeing car loads of bangers flying their colors. I would like to see APD find a reason to stop them and take control. But then when they do, the public on blogs and media go ballistic because they can't handle the fact that is good solid police work and how you keep crime down. If they keep allowing the gangs and cartels to run a muck it will only get worse.

Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    Acevedo was only brought in because of the negative publicity between the APD and the hispanic community in Austin. Any time an arrest went down in east Austin there were always claims of police brutality and racism against the community by the APD. They brought him in to pacify the hispanic community of Austin. It is all just political shell games in this city.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What is your experience with police officers in CA? He was an administrator for the highway patrol. The CHP patrols the freeways and highways and does mostly traffic related enforcement, speed, dui, ect. He was not a city street cop and his anti 2nd amendment beliefs do not reflect any of my former partners in CA. I don't want to throw all the CHP into his mix as I worked many county areas with the CHP and they were great officers that also were not anti 2nd amendment.

People in Austin need to wake up. Acevedo gets blamed for everything. Austin wants to have a small city "keep it weird" mentality. Austin is a big city and in big cities stuff happens. I l love driving through east Austin and seeing car loads of bangers flying their colors. I would like to see APD find a reason to stop them and take control. But then when they do, the public on blogs and media go ballistic because they can't handle the fact that is good solid police work and how you keep crime down. If they keep allowing the gangs and cartels to run a muck it will only get worse.

I knew several off duty. Had a friend who went through a town's police academy and come out the other side a complete prick. One East Palo Alto officer "joked" that he hoped he could see someone open carry out there so he could murder them and get a two week vacation.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I knew several off duty. Had a friend who went through a town's police academy and come out the other side a complete prick. One East Palo Alto officer "joked" that he hoped he could see someone open carry out there so he could murder them and get a two week vacation.

You paint CA leo's with a broad brush because you knew a few off duty? I know many from over 20 years in the business in CA and they are some of the best people I have ever known. Pro 2nd amendment, they treat people right and do what they are paid for day in day out.

Now this comment by Acevedo in this article is worse then his original tweet...referring to people as certain species? I still find it hard to believe he said that.

think the lesson learned for me is not to roll around in the mud with certain species, it's not worth it. That's the lesson learned," Acevedo said.

Austin chief apologizes for angry Twitter war

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    More than just "a few".

I've had the strange (for a person as introverted as I am) experience to associate closely with people from all walks of life. Bums to millionaires. Drug dealers and killers to lawyers and judges. And yes, a whole lot of cops.

The cops in CA have a scary "us v them" mentality. It very badly needs to not spread to Texas.

Socaltonorthtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    More than just "a few".

I've had the strange (for a person as introverted as I am) experience to associate closely with people from all walks of life. Bums to millionaires. Drug dealers and killers to lawyers and judges. And yes, a whole lot of cops.

The cops in CA have a scary "us v them" mentality. It very badly needs to not spread to Texas.

We all have our own perspectives. My experience with LEO's in SoCal is vastly different than yours. Several of them were CCW proponents and hung out in the local gun shops shooting the breeze on, and off duty.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    We all have our own perspectives. My experience with LEO's in SoCal is vastly different than yours. Several of them were CCW proponents and hung out in the local gun shops shooting the breeze on, and off duty.

Agreed... I met the most liberal cop in my life recently, here in TEXAS..if I posted his views on what classes should own what that would be an entirely knew thread...

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    About a year ago wife and I were up in Austin on business. We were there for about a week. So I took her around and at one point she commented that its such a beautiful place how come we did not move here when we came to Texas. I said, you have been to San Fran and she said yes, I said well Austin is the San Fran of Texas and they are PROUD of it.
    She said: I get it!

Expect things in Texas to get worse, MUCH worse. We have a complacent GOP here and a GOP that has been infiltrated to the top levels by Democrats and NoBammy has mounted a major effort here in Texas to turns the state BLUE. Its led by the same folks that ran his campaign, they have over 2000 folks that are doing a grassroots DimOcrat voter sign up and Obama's Knee boy, Julian Castro, current Mayor of San Antonio.

You might want to check out their website: battleground Texas.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    My concern is that the rest of APD cannot go on and post their views, along with their rank at APD.. that would violate policy. Unfortunately the big wigs can speak what they want. There are many good APD officers that are very pro 2nd amendment.
    That's a damn shame. We need more people to speak out.

Personally, I wouldn't even be able to work for a guy like Acevedo. When a leader is a piece of trash, that mentality tends to filter down through the organization, and then you're guilty by association.

Last edited:

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

What do you think would happen if one of his officers showed up at a Friends of the NRA dinner in uniform and spoke in favor of our CHL rights and the Campus Carry bill?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom