• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohhrico1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Tomball
    As gun lovers, I know we all like watching action shows and movies. When watching certain programs I drive my wife crazy with my opinions on what shows are more "realistic" when it comes to gun handling and such. just for fun, what shows, movies do you guys/gals think does a good job of demonstrating LEO, military tactical, and gun handling.

Tears of The Sun-especially when they had to leap frog retreat.
    The TV show The Unit-gun handling

Those two immediately come to mind. Any others?
    Gun Zone Deals

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    I know I drive my wife nuts with my comments like "Oh, BS, that Uzi fures at 950 rounds per second! It would be empty by now!"
    But I have noticed that they're gotten a lot better in the past few years about gun-related realism.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    My wife doesn't let me talk about guns either. : )

Glad to be among good people.

I really liked Tears of the Sun.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Band of Brothers is full of really good gun related moments. But by far the best is in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Clint Eastwood is actually cleaning his pistol. How often do you actually see that? James Stewart cleans his rifle in "Winchester 73" And in the movie SWAT, Collin Farrel has a Franford Arsenal brass polisher on top of his gun-safe.

Also, in QuigleY Down Under, Matthew Quigley complains that he got his reloading equipment taken along with his horse and has to have the general store owner make some loads for him by cross referencing British .577-450 lead.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    On Criminal Minds, most building entries are done finger off the trigger......that's good. On one episode however, Dr. Reed (young guy with long hair) made an entry with his revolver cocked and finger on the trigger. ARRRRRGGGGHHH!

My favorites are the shows with Uzi's, Thompsons, Mac's etc. with stick magazines that shoot 700 times with no reload. Wish I could find a gun that did that.

Flash

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    As long as they aren't sci fi or double weilding pistols, I think movies have gotten better.

Band of Brothers ROCKS!!

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    I love the new HBO show "The Pacific". Great show, very realistic, done by the same people who did "Band of Brothers". U should check it out.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    "Pacific" is well done. There was a scene recently where a Gunny was running a firing range. A Lieutenant swept the line with his .45 and the Sergeant grabbed the weapon from him, unloaded it, handed it back to him and told him that the next time he catches him pointing that weapon anywhere other than downrange, he's going to shove it up his ass. Looking a bit indignant, the Lieutenant looked at another officer standing next to him with an "I can't believe a lowly sergeant just yelled at me," look on his face. The other office said, "Don't look at me. He's right!"

I loved it!

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    As well in saving private ryan, tom hanks uses a thompson the way they were trained to, short 2-3 shot beats. The best example is right when they meet "ryan" when taking down the half-track.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    "the rifleman" IIRC
    uh...
    "a piece of the action" episode of star trek TOS.
    spock keeps his finger of the trigger of his thomspon and keeps the barrel ina safe direction.
    (take that whover was talking about scifi)
    hmm...
    NOT boondock saints. definatly not.

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    "the rifleman" IIRC
    uh...
    "a piece of the action" episode of star trek TOS.
    spock keeps his finger of the trigger of his thomspon and keeps the barrel ina safe direction.
    (take that whover was talking about scifi)
    hmm...
    NOT boondock saints. definatly not.

Not that anybody cares but the reason "Spock" properly operates his Thompson is because Leonard Nimoy was an Army Sgt before he started acting. (take that, yes I'm a geek)

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Not that anybody cares but the reason "Spock" properly operates his Thompson is because Leonard Nimoy was an Army Sgt before he started acting. (take that, yes I'm a geek)

dood. that is epic level coolness.
    i was not aware of that.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Tom Selleck seemed to try being authentic with guns, I especially liked Quigley Down Under.

Top Bottom