• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Am I going nuts or are guns and accessories become scare?

I went to buy some stuff this weekend for my 308 AR build. I went from sight to sight and everything was out.

So I thought fine, I will just get the reloading stuff I need and nothing. Couldn't find dies that I wanted/liked. or other odds and ends.

I guess I could go buy a stock for my R700, but that means place an order and wait 8-10 weeks.

Are we heading towards another hard year in getting stuff?

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I havnt seen the evidence. There's plenty of ammo at academy walmart etc. Although looking at midway they don't have any blackout barrels. Hmm

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I hate to even suggest this but I am beginning to wonder if people are stocking up due to the upcoming election...

AK prices have climbed considerably over the past couple of months. Basic WASR-10s have gone up in price at least $150-200, and there isn't nearly the selection that I've found in the past. It's odd because AR prices seem to have dropped to their lowest in years, and there is a lot of availability of those rifles.

I remember the scare of 2008, the industry went nuts because of the election of a Democratic administration which has, to date, done nothing to show it is anti-gun. I don't want to start a political debate over Obama, but most of what people allude to as happening in the second term (if there is one) has little basis in fact. Still, there will always be concern and once again I think we're gonna see a run on firearms, accessories and ammo before the year's out.

Since ammo is still relatively easy and cheap to find, it might not be a bad idea to invest in it instead of other things. You never know how far this will go...

Cheers! M2

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    One other issue was the Chinese new year. Whole country shuts down for almost a month, little gets shipped out or in, lines shut down and take a week to set back up. Holds up even US made stuff that uses parts or machines from there.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've been strongly considering using a chunk of refund money to invest in a couple thousand live rounds and a couple thousand rnds worth of reloading supplies to put back just in case there is a run later this year. Of course this line of thinking in large numbers could cause a premature run on guns and ammo that isn't needed and only manages to run up prices.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    hey guys cleric is on to something. I was at academy last night and I walked to the handgun area and there wasnt much in there. I asked Wheres the glocks and xds!!!!!!!! I was freaking out that they might have quit carrying them. Ever since academy got bought out. The guy said they are sold out and once they get more in they sell out again.. He said gun sales are wayyy up.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Same around here. Between SA and San Marcos, the Academy stores have had declining inventories of ammo and hand guns. (Can't speak to rifles and shotguns).

Even have not had the selection of Freeze-Dried foods as in the recent past.

steve-o-556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Plano
    i noticed the price on ak's are way up, was looking into getting one soon. I remember about a year ago they were right around 400. Last time i went to bullet trap the price tag on it was $529.99 i belive or somewhere around there.

cougartex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    The following is part of an email that Bud’s Gun Shop sent out this week -

“After spending the first six weeks of 2012 attending various firearms industry shows, including the NSSF Shot Show in Las Vegas with the highest dealer attendance of record, there was one obvious recurring theme from every manufacturer we visited with...."we just can't make enough firearms". Although we fully expected another surge later in 2012, it has already started as the ATF continues to report all time record highs in background/NICS checks as well as Conceal Carry/CCW permit applications.

Here's the deal....it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. Every contact and indicator we have tells us that guns and ammo are selling MUCH faster than they can be manufactured. Our suppliers inventories are dropping drastically every day and they are already quoting 4-6 month back orders on all new orders!”

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Thank the History Channel.
    Sons of Guns and Top Shot have presented our favorite sport to the masses. A couple of years from now they get bored and look for something new and we get nearly new equipment for way less than now : )
    Yuppies and money are soon parted.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Maybe next year the guns sold this month will be featured on Pawn Stars. There's some panic buying by people who have never owned guns before, and that's making it difficult on us "serious" gun guys.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    The following is part of an email that Bud’s Gun Shop sent out this week -

“After spending the first six weeks of 2012 attending various firearms industry shows, including the NSSF Shot Show in Las Vegas with the highest dealer attendance of record, there was one obvious recurring theme from every manufacturer we visited with...."we just can't make enough firearms". Although we fully expected another surge later in 2012, it has already started as the ATF continues to report all time record highs in background/NICS checks as well as Conceal Carry/CCW permit applications.

Here's the deal....it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. Every contact and indicator we have tells us that guns and ammo are selling MUCH faster than they can be manufactured. Our suppliers inventories are dropping drastically every day and they are already quoting 4-6 month back orders on all new orders!”

Guess I am not crazy. Ammo is next

Top Bottom