• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    My wife told me last night that if I let her get a an M&P either 9mm,.40,.45. And I guess we'll throw .357 sig in there to for grins and giggles. Then I can get a new 870 for HD. I have a friend that has an M&P 45 for sale right now. She wants to shoot a 9mm and a 45 because she has only shot the 40 that I have. O and she wants a 20 gauge shot gun! She's coming to the dark side!
    But now that she is learning how to shoot I'd better be extra careful!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I told her that the 9mm is a fine round and nothing to be sold short but she is kinda on this "I want to shoot a real gun" trip, and she thinks I'm lying when I tell that it is what the military uses and allot of police officers still use. But I guess she has been listening to me for to long and thinks if it wont tear a man out of his shoes when you shoot them it ain't no good! I think she would love that M&P in 9mm (and I get a back up gun for work ;) ) She hasn't had the chance to become real partial to the straight grip angle that I have grown so attached to. She would be able to shoot a full size gun of her own and stay the hell away from mine! LOL! I'm just so happy that she wants her own pistol!

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I told her that the 9mm is a fine round and nothing to be sold short but she is kinda on this "I want to shoot a real gun" trip

My wife likes Kimber Ultra's (3" barrel), so the 9mm is much easier on her.

Take her to the range with 200 .45 rounds, then take her to the range with 200 9mm rounds.

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    Dont forget this M&P
    170292_large.gif

170292opt.jpg

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    My wife likes Kimber Ultra's (3" barrel), so the 9mm is much easier on her.

Take her to the range with 200 .45 rounds, then take her to the range with 200 9mm rounds.

I guarantee the outcome of this. I have let a few lady friends shoot my Ultra Carry II in .45 and they wanted no more of it. Good luck BC! Keep us posted.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'll keep everyone well informed but I owe this joy to all of you that gave her encouragement to go shooting a while back. Even tho you all said the same sh*t I did she listened to y'all! Now I must say thank you!!!
    And she doesnt know that I'm going to try and change that HD 870 to a S&W M&P 15 5.56 either!

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Picking the .45 over a 9mm sounds like a very smart lady. Does she have a sister. Sorry just joking 9mm lovers had to do it!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Don't bet on it - my better half is a buck-ten soakin' wet, and she recently adopted one of my Kimbers! Her nightstand gun is a S&W 357, an' she has a Chief's Special .38 she loves. Oh - an' a P232....

IIRC, we're supposed to have a get-together at the Bexar Community Range Friday afternoon. Bring her out, an' I'll let her try a Kimber, Randall or Wilson. The range loads are perfect for learnin' the gun, an' I have a feelin' you'll be forced into a 1911....<SEG>

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    D-I'll keep you posted D! LOL
    OR-No I didn't tell her to go away she is always playing sorority life on FB now:banghead:
    And TR- HELL NO! If she gets that 1911 bug we'll go broke worse than with my new found love affair with the EBR!
    We went and looked at the following at Academy last night- the M&P, Glock, XD, Beretta 92, Beretta Poly frame (forgot the name Px4 storm Maybe?) and she looked at a pink mosquito. All but the last in 9mm
    I looked at a M&P 15 (sweet EBR I want it even more now), all the ones she looked at and a S&W 500 (long barrel big gun I want one of those now to! ) and some goofy long slide Glock 17 with a hole at top front of the slide.
    She still wants the M&P 9mm. I have no problem with the choice she made either, a few of my buddies are all saying "you're letting your wife get a 9mm?" And yes I am. but they all know I'm not a 9mm fan so they are giving me sh**. but a hit with a 9mm is better than a miss with a .45. And if she will go shooting with me and practice then she will hit her target when her life is on the line and if that is all it takes, I'll let her have one. LOL

Top Bottom