• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    Hey guys/gals.

Sorry it's been a while.... Just a little info on what's been happening here in my neck of the woods...

My son was born with a brain tumor and had neurosurgery at 2 months old to remove it. In May of 2014, the tumor returned. We have spent the last year and a half travelling to his treatment center in Houston to get him better. Thanks to God, my son is healthy and a normal little boy now. It's come at a significant cost, and so with much regret, I will be having to part with a lot of my guns. I'll try to be active on the site now that we're back home and returning to some sense of normalcy. I want to thank the kindness of a couple of people on this site for being there when things started to turn bad. Bigapreg, you sir are the man, and I honestly can't thank you enough for what you did for me. I have not forgotten, nor will I, and I want you to know that. Everyone on this site has been supportive of me, even when they didn't know me, or my situation, and for that I am truly grateful.

May God bless you, and keep you in this holiday season, and it's nice to be back.

-David
    Gun Zone Deals

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Dont know if we ever talked but im glad your boy is ok. Ive got 4 little ones and dont know what id do in that situation

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Glad to hear your son is doing better. Sorry that your family had to go through it all. Yep, BigPapi is a good'un.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Youngest daughter has been patient at MD Anderson since the age of 5, many rounds of chemo, and a constant battle that will likely never be totally won, so I can empathize 100% with what your family is going through.

We live less than ten minutes from the Houston medical center ... straight shot down Holcombe.

With two guest rooms, we routinely offer a place to folks from out of town who need accommodations during treatments and appointments.

As easily provided as a PM, the Inn is always open. Keep it in mind.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Youngest daughter has been patient at MD Anderson since the age of 5, many rounds of chemo, and a constant battle that will likely never be totally won, so I can empathize 100% with what your family is going through.

We live less than ten minutes from the Houston medical center ... straight shot down Holcombe.

With two guest rooms, we routinely offer a place to folks from out of town who need accommodations during treatments and appointments.

That's awesome.
    (The lodging offer, that is.)

Last edited:

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio

Oh wow, we spent a lot of time right up the road from you then. I pray we'll never be back, but I will definitely keep this in mind should the need arise. Thank you sir.

Top Bottom