Gun Zone Deals

Background Checks: Senate Republicans In Disarray Over Popular Gun Control Measure

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    [h=1]Background Checks: Senate Republicans In Disarray Over Popular Gun Control Measure [/h]Liberal site don't know how "Universal" background checks are popular. But there is some great information on how our Senator Cornyn feels about the issue:

"Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) said the real concern isn't the need for tighter background checks but for the Justice Department to crack down on gun buyers who don't follow the law. "There are a lot of people who apparently lied on their background check who have not been investigated or prosecuted," he said. Asked specifically about sales at gun shows, Cornyn reiterated that current law should suffice. "I think for people who are in the business of selling firearms, I'm happy to have a background check required as part of that process," he said."

Background Checks: Senate Republicans In Disarray Over Popular Gun Control Measure

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would have to agree with matfrio on this one.

I imagine all these tea party upstarts are really putting a kink in the old "lets make a deal" system that was running Washington. IMO it's a good thing, may get some of the older guys back in line.

Ready.Fire.Aim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    huffington post has a very strong liberal perspective, it shows in this article.

- Utilizing actual quotations from a hallway interview such as "uhh" versus allowing for a scripted response attempts to portray a negative shadow on the Republicans.
    - Referring to gun control laws as common sense
    -Referency a New York Times poll that shows 92% poll favoring stricter gun laws

Main stream media at its finest.

RFA

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    One thing I notice in the article (besides the general holier-than-thou liberal sarcasm) is that the writer throws out the lie about an "uptick" in mass shootings, without any supporting statement. According to the FBI, mass shootings have been happening at a fairly constant level for the past twenty years, with the rest of the violent crime rates dropping steadily.

Oh those pesky facts.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The left has been on a rampage of low key messages to the sheeple.

As mentioned, new gun laws are always referred to as common sense.

They also like to throw out the line "something HAS to be done" which leads to people supporting ANYTHING because they feel they are doing something even if that something has no effect on solving the problem.

Typical government using fear to push an agenda while claiming it is "common sense" an "for the greater good".

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Wtf do FTF purchases at gun shows have to do with fuckall ?

Lanza stole his guns from his mother who passed the NICS. Cho, Loughner and Holmes bought their guns from FFLs who called Washington DC and was told those sales were A-OK.

To hell with the liberal media and liberals in general. No problem solving or logical ability whatsoever.

"When it rains and I stand outside I get wet, so I think my neighbor's house should be forced to be painted blue."

Makes as much sense as most liberal arguments.

As far as lying on the 4473. The only people I know for certain who are guilty of that are bloomberg's goons who went into Virginia and attempted to make straw purchases, and obama and holder's cartel informant for fast and furious.

Last edited:

thehemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Texas
    Lanza stole his guns from his mother who passed the NICS. Cho, Loughner and Holmes bought their guns from FFLs who called Washington DC and was told those sales were A-OK.

To play devil's advocate, I think that's fuel for the liberal gun confiscation movement. "Universal background checks," even ignoring the fact it requires firearm registration to actually be enforced, won't stop these type of incidents for occurring.

Top Bottom