• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ag762

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    HOT
    Not sure which subforum this should go in, but…

I am looking into setting up a variety of steel targets on my property. Mainly for suppressed .22/9mm plinking with an occasional .223 discharge. Distances will range from 20-100 yards. I have done enough homework to know that I want the AR500 steel for both safety and longevity reasons. I am planning on hanging/fastening all targets in a non-rigid manner to help dissipate the bullet’s energy. I hope to use my meager metal working skills to produce some type of reactive target as well, possibly one of those spinning wheel of death contraptions.

Does anyone have any first hand experience setting up their own targets or making reactive targets? Any pics or links to custom setups would be greatly appreciated.

Rather that having to find a plate of AR500 steel and cut it myself, I am planning to purchase the target plates pre-cut. I was looking at Handgun Sports out of Melissa, Texas: Steel Targets and Products by www.handgunsports.com

Has anyone had any dealings with them and/or any other companies preferably closer to the Central Texas area since I really don’t want to pay for shipping?

Thanks for the help.
    Gun Zone Deals

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    All my steel comes from Jerry in Melissa. Most of it has been out in the weather for over 10 years.

SteelPlates.gif

GongPlates.gif

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I watch craigslist then I torch and stick weld it together... Most of it is not as pretty as yours but hey they get shot to shit eventually :). Nice stuff.

Top Bottom