• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Yes, parts of adjaent states have long come under Texas influence that they feel like a part of Texas.

Our current LA democrat governor has all but killed much of the oil & gas industry here, so many home folks are in TX for work. Many never come back. Our culture is very similar to South Texas.

The signs here don’t carry any “force of law”, but may lead to trespassing problems if one is told to leave.

I have quit being a customer at several once-favored businesses over the signs.

Sometimes I learn that some idiot employee put the signs up w/o approval.

Thanks for replies. . . .
    If the signs do not carry the force of law, why would you inform them? Just being a know it all? You want them to post a legal sign precluding a person from being to carry?…….borders on stupidity.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    A lot of business owners or managers are (oddly enough) just as ignorant as the rest of the general public where gun laws are concerned. A lot of them genuinely think those signs will keep them safe from criminals carrying guns - often because their insurance company will tell them so. Once that is suggested, they simply give it no critical thought because "so and so said it would be a good idea". And a lot of them have no idea that so many people (even in Texas) legally carry on a daily basis. It's simply alien to their thought process. Not because they're liberals (well, most of 'em probably aren't anyway), but because they're simply not aware.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    If the signs do not carry the force of law, why would you inform them? Just being a know it all? You want them to post a legal sign precluding a person from being to carry?…….borders on stupidity.
    Exactly correct. Not our job to teach a business to be less stupid. Interesting how I go to a clinic with big 30/06 and 07 signs on the entrance but no 05 or gunbuster. Not my job to tell them that the general public can carry in their building. Only those with LTC are kept out, at least while having a card in their wallet.
    Before I retired I had my own business and none of my insurance said anything about gun signs. Has anyone seen a policy that recommends gun signs?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Before I retired I had my own business and none of my insurance said anything about gun signs. Has anyone seen a policy that recommends gun signs?

Just going by what customers have told the project managers I work with when I'm designing signs - because they generally don't really want paragraphs of legalese with 1 inch tall letters all over their windows. But hey, what do I know...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Our current LA democrat governor has all but killed much of the oil & gas industry here, so many home folks are in TX for work.
    I was under the impression that BASF was moving a great deal of their operation to Louisiana. If that's true, there will be a resurgence of the industry in Louisiana, right?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I was under the impression that BASF was moving a great deal of their operation to Louisiana. If that's true, there will be a resurgence of the industry in Louisiana, right?

>

We keep hearing those stories, but the “plans” are far into the future much of the time.

IDK specifics re BASF.

A lot of the USA’s chemical industry is located along the Mississippi River near Baton Rouge.

Here, talented/educated folks go to TX, TN, or NC for employment. Others stay, preferring “unemployment”, and suck the government teat forever.

leVieux

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    Never wallow with a hog in the mud. Hogs love mud
    ignorance.png
    Johnny cash.jpeg

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Oh it gets better than that. I still communicate with my friends in California. The following is a legitimate post from an employee of a chain of gun stores in the South Bay area called Ammo Brothers. They are contributing to a union that only supports politicians that want to do away with 2A. I'm so glad I got the F out of there!

"The sales associates & cashiers at Ammo Bros Cerritos have formed a union with UFCW 324. We had our election in March of 2022 and were certified shortly thereafter. Since then we have been in negotiations with our employer to come to terms for a FAIR COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT. We are greatly disappointed that AMMO BROS ENGAGED IN AN UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICE, intimidating and surveilling workers and harming our ability to get a fair contract. As such the employees are conducting an Unfair Labor Practice strike.
    We, the sales associates & cashiers of Ammo Bros Cerritos ask that for the duration of our strike YOU RESPECT OUR PICKET LINE & SHOP ELSEWHERE. Thank you."

I hate unions ever since I was forced into being a member of CWA. Worthless bunch of money grubbers. They would get us to vote for a strike, we would be out of work for months, then they would settle for what was offered in the first place. Unions are only good for the union bosses to draw an inflated salary from the members.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I don’t care if people put these signs up. The last thing I’d want to do is have a discussion with someone that would lead them to put up a 30.06/07 sign. Most of the time I see these signs it seems like it’s a nationwide business that probably just puts the same sign at every door regardless of state.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    people automatically think anti gun policy is needed for a business to be safe.

I mean look at some pro gun people. We have those among us that think a bos is a good idea or your gun needs to be stored in a safe, inside another safe, inside a locked vault.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    >

Over here in very-far trans-Sabine “East Texas”, we don’t have the codified signage of the Lone Star State to misinterpret.

But, we see these in increasing numbers:

View attachment 362265

When I ask owners or managers of businesses if they understand what these signs mean or accomplish, they never know.

Not even a clue, but they think of them as increasing their own “safety”.

Explanations virtually always fall on deaf ears. I just get blank stares and avoidance.

Yet, I keep trying.

When a business can be shown the business opportunities the sign actually costs them, then they respond, often appropriately.

If you see any of these, or the codified ones, please take a moment to explain to the owners that they are excluding an entire class of potential BEST customers.

leVieux
    this sign means nothing to me and ill just carry anyway.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    people automatically think anti gun policy is needed for a business to be safe.

I mean look at some pro gun people. We have those among us that think a bos is a good idea or your gun needs to be stored in a safe, inside another safe, inside a locked vault.
    >
    Yes, too many just refuse to think it through.

Outrider

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2022
    Elmo, Texas
    I don't pay any attention to them and never want to strike up a conversation with them either. Not my job to try and school them, they are already too far gone when they put up the sign. If I have to be there it won't be for long and will not go back. I do not patronize idiot owner's businesses if I can help it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    The9ine
    Top Bottom