• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Yep, it was save the trees, now its this stupidity... I'm glad I only visit Austin. Greenie Weenies are really brown, as in full of sh!t.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    yup..... its being discussed here in cc also.... what the issue if the plastic bags are recycleable?
    The problem is similar to the debate on guns. A few law breakers toss the bags out and they blow around and get stuck in trees. This makes the touchy feely sort sad. So instead of enforcing the law and ticketing the law breakers, they want to de-bag the law abiding people. When plastic bags are criminalized only criminals will have plastic bags.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No, I'm thoroughly against it.

We have littering laws in place already. Ticket those who throw them out.

Princer7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Paper bags kill trees and look just as ugly blowing around. I live close enough to the city limits of Austin to shop outside of Austin to avoid the dang paper bag / fee. They lose my tax dollars.

Plastic bags were always reused in my house between the litterbox and bagging up trash for the can.

Another case of not enforcing laws already on the books and making everyone else suffer in the process.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    they passed out reuseable bags and reusable drink mugs at work today in support of earth day / green day / commie day what ever they're calling it. I told the lady passing out the swag that I don't shop in austin anymore because of the bag ban. The second lady avoided me because we got into a verbal argument about her reminding me that using paper plates was bad for the environment I asked her what the guy working on the GP line in georgia was going to do for a living when I stopped using the convenient paper plates he produced.

I forgot to remind the lady passing out the crap today that i WANT plastic bags to pick up my dog's pewp in. Libs see things from one side only.

Engineerbrian

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Maryland
    We've been dealing with this crap for a long time in liberalville, (Maryland). Here's what one local gun shop made up as a quick work around. Its not perfect, but it beats the hell out of paying the tax!

Attachments

• IMG_1891.jpg
      IMG_1891.jpg
      35.6 KB · Views: 203

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    they passed out reuseable bags and reusable drink mugs at work today in support of earth day / green day / commie day what ever they're calling it. I told the lady passing out the swag that I don't shop in austin anymore because of the bag ban. The second lady avoided me because we got into a verbal argument about her reminding me that using paper plates was bad for the environment I asked her what the guy working on the GP line in georgia was going to do for a living when I stopped using the convenient paper plates he produced.

I forgot to remind the lady passing out the crap today that i WANT plastic bags to pick up my dog's pewp in. Libs see things from one side only.

So what was this "Swag" that the libtards were passing out? Paper from trees? The same plastic like the bags?

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Poly bags. Plastic cup. I'm putting both in breakroom tomorrow for trade offer of plastic bags so I can clean up after my dog on walks. I have plenty plastic cups also. Don't need one more. Would rather have the two dollars in my pocket it cost my company. Libtards.

Top Bottom